Green Room

Ratings: Revamped Fox News lineup doing…pretty, pretty well

posted at 11:28 am on November 13, 2013 by

TV Newser:

Fox News had its second-highest rated week of the year in primetime last week, second only to the week of the Boston Marathon bombing in April. From 8pm to 11pmET, the network averaged 2,098,000 total viewers and 376,000 A25-54 viewers, ranking second in all of cable. By comparison, MSNBC averaged 716,000 total viewers and 202,000 A25-54 viewers, while CNN had 433,000 viewers and 146,000 viewers, respectively. It was also the second-highest week of the year for Fox News in the network’s expanded primetime block, which includes Greta Van Susteren‘s “On the Record.” From 7pm to 11pmET, FNC averaged 2,377,000 total viewers and 442,000 A25-54 viewers.

Fox nearly doubled the average combined audience of CNN and MSNBC (in overall primetime viewers), and solidly outpaced their combined competition within ‘the demo.’ Interestingly, FNC’s ratings have flourished as they’ve devoted heavy coverage to the Obamacare meltdown, while CNN’s have suffered.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I just cannot seem to get into Megyn Kelly’s new show. I much preferred her daytime show…

OmahaConservative on November 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I just cannot seem to get into Megyn Kelly…

OmahaConservative on November 14, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Have you tried flowers?

Bandit13 on November 14, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I’m enjoying the new FOX lineup. Megan has become my favorite I also like that her show is live. In second place is Greta who I like a lot more at 7 then I did at 10. She’s getting a lot of great guests too. Dick Cheney most recently also noticed RINO McCain on Greata trying to look like conservative.

Hera on November 14, 2013 at 12:55 PM

NBC ABC CBS
Total Viewers: 9,252,000 8,060,000 7,365,000
A25-54: 2,325,000 2,057,000 1,795,000

HTL on November 13, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I don’t know why those numbers are pertinent. Is that the number of viewers that watch their 1/2 hour nightly news or that watch Wheel of Fortune etc…

Vince on November 13, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Sorry. I thought I made the decision not to post anything, but somehow that badly formatted raw data table sneaked through.

The stats that I was starting to work with were for nightly news viewership only, however.

HTL on November 15, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Comment pages: 1 2

Top Pick

“He hasn’t been serious.”

A familiar GOP pattern when in power: Squabbling

Andrew Malcolm Jun 29, 2017 10:01 AM

Not exactly teamwork.

Merkel plots confrontation on climate change.

Button it up.

“I repeat I am innocent of these charges. They are false.”

Just a reminder: People will die

Allahpundit Jun 28, 2017 10:41 PM

“Whipped cream’s killing more people than ever before.”

Medicare for all?

“There comes a point where you gotta get off the crazy train.”

Poll: Dem voters glumly sticking with Pelosi

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 8:41 PM

Disaster ahead?

“When she left it, it was in better shape than it had ever been.”

Manafort, firm registers as foreign agents

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 6:41 PM

Better late than never?

Delivered as promised

“I would like to think that the president saved many innocent men, women and children.”

“The Russia investigation was by far the dominant topic…”

The merry little media war continues.

Criminal enterprise

Politico: Has the SPLC lost its way?

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 3:01 PM

“The organization has always tried to find ways to milk money out of the public…”

Trump legal team backing away from Comey complaint?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 2:31 PM

De-escalation?

Time to get up and go to work, sir

CNN gets glum, defensive after resignations

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 1:01 PM

“If Jeff lit himself on fire, it wouldn’t appease the pro-Trump media.”

Hmmm: FBI probing Russia-based anti-virus firm?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 12:31 PM

“I wouldn’t put their stuff on my computer if you paid me.”

He works hard for the money…

It’s not a slippery slope. It’s a freaking avalanche.

Nuts.

Showdown: Sarah Palin vs the New York Times

Jazz Shaw Jun 28, 2017 9:21 AM

Defamation

Credit where creditor’s due?

More flash than bang, but a very bad sign

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

“It was not necessary.”