BC/BS, North Carolina: Only one person has enrolled through the fed exchange, and he hasn’t actually paid yet
posted at 2:56 pm on November 6, 2013 by Erika Johnsen
The public’s problems in trying to deal with the troubled Health Insurance Marketplace website aren’t the only problems plaguing the system. WNCN Investigates learned the state’s largest insurer has experienced a number of problems with the system
Blue Cross Blue Shield has more than 3.7 million customers in our state, but internal emails obtained by WNCN show that as of last Friday, only one person had enrolled for health insurance through the Exchange and that person hasn’t paid.
Without payment, enrollment means nothing because the customer is still not officially in the system.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation