Green Room

Video: The honest trailer for Pacific Rim

posted at 9:34 pm on November 3, 2013 by

Obviously, I agree with pretty much everything this trailer says about Pacific Rim, since it’s pretty much what I wrote in my review.  It still made me laugh out loud — and hopefully, you will too whether you liked the film or not:

1.26 million views in less than two weeks?  Now, that’s honestly viral. Kudos to Screen Junkies.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

This trailer almost makes me want to watch the movie. But that may just be because I’m watching the Last Airbender right now.

Rocks on November 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Thanks for the heads up Ed. These are great.

Norbitz on November 3, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Awesome dumb movie! If you didn’t going into the theater expecting this then you were doing it wrong!

And I can’t wait for the sequel!

RAB on November 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Ha. That sword thing is so true. Honestly, it’s no less stupid than Voltron wasting 10 minutes getting clobbered when it could just use it’s Blazing Sword in the beginning of the fight.

The movie was so bad. But the lead character was refreshingly not annoying. Everyone else though… Especially those two scientists. I couldn’t believe how over the top they were. I guess it was a parody or something.

Dongemaharu on November 3, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Rocks on November 3, 2013 at 9:58 PM

If you’re talking about the M. Night Shyamalan adaptation…

why

mintycrys on November 3, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Dongemaharu on November 3, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I wouldn’t even say that’s the worst offender. When you’re piloting a giant robot that ejects anything powerful from a glowing hole/shape in the center of the chest and DON’T think to make use of it for over half the movie, then I’m suspicious.

Chest beam is the superior option in every situation and it’s effective almost 100% of the time when you’re facing your target. The only viable excuse for not using it sooner is not being able to think of a cool attack name to call out before using it.

mintycrys on November 4, 2013 at 12:13 AM

I liked the movie and so did my boss (wife): big mobile suits and monsters on the big screen. You can do much worse these days.

The Honest Trailer for this is so-so as they go. Not their best work, in my opinion.

The Breaking Bad Honest Trailer is cool.

Yes, thankfully I have way too much time on my hands.

Sherman1864 on November 4, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Excellent. Movie was great for what it is. I haven’t purchased it on blu ray yet but I will. I doubt a sequel will come even though over seas market saved the movie.

This honest trailer was one of the more funny ones as of late.

LaughterJones on November 4, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Mrs. FreeIndeed wanted to see this for some reason; I guess she thought it would be decent… so we watched it on Blu-Ray. The honest trailer doesn’t do it justice – it was much worse!! The ONLY people who should ever watch this movie are people who just want to see robots fighting dinosaurs, I mean Aliens. So mostly 12 year old boys and – I don’t know – maybe someone else. There is basically no plot, what info there is doesn’t make any logical sense most of the time, the acting sucks, and you really just don’t care what happens to any of the main characters because a)they aren’t that likable anyway and B) There isn’t any real character development. They did manage to fit every blockbuster movie cliche into the film though, so if you like re-watching slightly changed bits of other movies, you love this film.

The funny thing is going to IMDB and reading the reviews. You have your very blatant 12 year old/ fan boy review that says this movie was the best movie ever made and the plot is genius. ….And you have everyone else who says this movie is a giant turd.

Free Indeed on November 4, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Well, my friends and I went to the movie specifically to see giant robots fighting giant monsters. We were not disappointed. We had a blast. And yeah, my inner twelve-year-old loved it.

Not going to buy it, though. Might watch it again at some point when it’s free.

Meryl Yourish on November 4, 2013 at 10:33 AM

If you’re talking about the M. Night Shyamalan adaptation…

why

mintycrys on November 3, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Yes, that one. It was on TV and my daughter did not believe it could be as bad as everyone said. She admits she was wrong.

Rocks on November 4, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Horrible movie. I want the 2 hours of my life back that I wasted on this movie. Uber shallow, eye-candy, fake hard-body, Top Gun ripped-off, PC-ethnic diversity, formulaic plot — you can guess the whole plot after the first 5 minutes, including the “romance.” Ugh!

The CGI special effects are mostly in the dark or underwater, so you can’t see them well or determine which “monster” is doing what.

The male actors ALL have a similar look, similar hair color so you can’t tell who is who for much of the movie.

Horrible writing, horrible acting, bad casting, over-used CGI. Enjoy!

Whitewolf7070 on November 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Whitewolf7070 on November 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM

With Hollywood revenue becoming more International you will be seeing more and more of these movies. I’m surprised they haven’t done a aliens vs humans vs rogue military vs corporations vs zombies vs teen drama.

Oil Can on November 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Everyone is way too hard on this movie. I actually just saw it this weekend and enjoyed it.

Look, every movie should be graded on a curve, held to a standard of well calibrated expectations. I expected fun, cheesy, and good special effects, and it delivered.

If you criticize a movie like this for no plot, then you didn’t have the right expectations to enjoy it in the first place. It’s as valid a criticism as criticizing Casablanca for not having battle scenes.

Nessuno on November 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM

A couple quick anecdotes from “free” government healthcare.

1 – A friend of mine shattered a femur in a car accident. They had him on a gurney in the air conditioner closet for four days before he saw a doctor, and then they put him in an ICU bed for three days before they looked at it.

2 – Another close friend of mine with existing congestive heart failure collapsed and was rushed to emergency. Where he stayed for 9 days before seeing a doctor.

3 – A man I used to work with had his son break an arm in a fall from a tree. They sent him from the hospital to one almost 80 miles away, then turned him away there and sent him back to the same hospital he had been in before, which then tried to transfer him back. This man is a pastor and had to fly into a towering rage to get them to look at his son.

4 – A man whose daughter I wanted to date and who is an elder in my church fell from a tree and broke his back. He was left in the corridor for 11 days without treatment and consequently, has a hunch now.

Need I go on? This is not Venezuela. This is Puerto Rico today, the United States of America tomorrow, and any other nation with “free” “national” “healthcare” at some point.

Naturally, everyone with any money goes to the private hospital in San Juan, or failing that, they hop a medical flight to Texas or Miami. We are balkanized between rich and poor, and it is not pretty.

JoseQuinones on November 6, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Woops, wrong thread. / \ Sorry.

JoseQuinones on November 6, 2013 at 11:17 AM