Green Room

Where were you during the Great Twitter Outage of 9:15 am?

posted at 9:26 am on October 30, 2013 by

I like Twitter, mostly for the social aspects of it, but its rare outages are great occasions for snark.  If you’re missing the ability to describe your perfect or imperfect cup of coffee this morning, feel free to post comments here until Twitter returns to service.

Ironic that this is happening during a House hearing on the government’s inability to launch a web portal, huh? Wanna bet that Twitter gets its issues fixed before Kathleen Sebelius gets done describing how it’s not her fault?

Update, 9:32 am: I originally had my local time in the headline, but by the time I could fix it Twitter was back up. I wonder whether their 834s work better than ObamaCare’s exchange, too.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

The hell is up with this horrible “OH HAY WE DECIDED 2 PREVIEW IMAGES 4 U LOL” garbage that can only be disabled on Twatter-Mobile?

Jeddite on October 30, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Where was I? Working, browsing Hot Air on the side and otherwise studiously ignoring the waste of time that is Twitter.

What’s your point?

wearyman on October 30, 2013 at 9:46 AM

There was an outage? Who knew?

GWB on October 30, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Twitter took 3 years and 400 billion to create?

gwelf on October 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Twitter took 3 years and 400 billion to create?

gwelf on October 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Er, 400 million to create

This is the age of Obama where hundreds of millions is no longer real money

gwelf on October 30, 2013 at 10:26 AM

What’s Twitter?

NotCoach on October 30, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Is that anything like MyBook or FaceSpace?

D-fusit on October 30, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I was listening to the 100 greatest speeches by one Barack Hussein Obama. That’s what all “GOOD” Americans should do in their free time.

RickinNH on October 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Where were you during the great insurance outage in the USA?

bgibbs1000 on October 30, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Where were you during the Great Twitter Outage of 9:15 am?

Where I always am with respect to Twitter, not using it.

rukiddingme on October 30, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Twitter was out?

Half a billion people not being able to use a senseless waste of time?

A scary thought.

Must.keep.these.people.distracted.

MichaelGabriel on October 30, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I was lucky, I slept through it. Had I known, I might have died in my sleep I suppose.

BL@KBIRD on October 30, 2013 at 12:42 PM

The revolution will not be televised tweeted.

DOOF on October 30, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Where was I? Cobbling together some stats for a column, grabbing breakfast, and doing what I always do at 8:15 am (and every other minute of the day), not following social media.

Steve Eggleston on October 30, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Well, Ed, you asked the question… did you really expect us techno-luddites to treat it as rhetorical?
I don’t twit, and I don’t book my face either. Sorry, don’t care about either.

Marcola on October 30, 2013 at 3:49 PM