Coburn: Reid is an “absolute …”
posted at 10:46 am on October 29, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
“… asshole,” the conservative Republican told the New York Republican Club:
In response to a question about civility in the Senate, Coburn said it’s easier to forge cross-party ties with some Democrats than others.
“I have great relationships with Chuck Schumer. I don’t say that in Oklahoma,” he said, naming other Democrats he gets along with – and one he definitely doesn’t.
“There’s no comity with Harry Reid. I think he’s an absolute a–hole,” he said.
As we discovered in the 2012 election, he’s also a smear artist, which just adds to that status. The only way to defang Reid, though, is to win more seats in the midterm elections and put him back in the minority.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Programming note: Guest-hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show tonight w/ MKH
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style