Green Room

Coburn: Reid is an “absolute …”

posted at 10:46 am on October 29, 2013 by

“… asshole,” the conservative Republican told the New York Republican Club:

In response to a question about civility in the Senate, Coburn said it’s easier to forge cross-party ties with some Democrats than others.

“I have great relationships with Chuck Schumer. I don’t say that in Oklahoma,” he said, naming other Democrats he gets along with – and one he definitely doesn’t.

“There’s no comity with Harry Reid. I think he’s an absolute a–hole,” he said.

As we discovered in the 2012 election, he’s also a smear artist, which just adds to that status.  The only way to defang Reid, though, is to win more seats in the midterm elections and put him back in the minority.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

And you’re an absolute idiot, Coburn, since you think Schumer is such a swell guy.

Bitter Clinger on October 29, 2013 at 10:53 AM

There’s no comity with Harry Reid. I think he’s an absolute a–hole

Well, you are talking about a “man” who prefers the company of pre-pubescent children.

Allegedly…

JohnGalt23 on October 29, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Hmmm, an asshole that’s also a smear artist. Sure sounds like he’s a typical skid mark to me.

SteveInRTP on October 29, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I guess I can’t be too explicit. Let’s try that again:

Hmmm, an a-hole who is also a smear artist; sounds like the typical skid mark to me.

SteveInRTP on October 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Understatement of the year.

I would have phrased it more like:

“Reid is a Marxist totalitarian, whose idea of governing is the advancement of government to where individual lives are subject to whatever the government deems appropriate. The rule of law does not apply to people like Reid – he is subject to no oversight, no repudiation, no punishment. When the day comes and Reid is removed from the position of Senate Speaker, a vast pit will open under Congress, and Reid’s blackened soul will tumble to the darkest reaches of H#ll where Lucifer awaits to devour his screaming soul for the rest of Eternity.”

…and I’m just being “nice” here.

Turtle317 on October 29, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Coburn will be vilified and yet the lefties get away with all vile stuff
Double standard

cmsinaz on October 29, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Coburn is apparently unfiliar with the “good cop, bad cop” schtick.

boone on October 29, 2013 at 11:23 AM

This is a big problem with the Washington GOP. They make a distinction between personalities and policy. So, since some democrats are all back-slappy smiles ‘n’handshakes, they must not be bad people even though they’re liars and their policies are destroying the republic.

I don’t care how chummy you want to be, anyone that would have voted for Obamacare, as sold, and given the manner of it’s passage in the face of public opposition, is a domestic enemy.

SAMinVA on October 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM

“Reid is a Marxist totalitarian,…

Turtle317 on October 29, 2013 at 11:17 AM

No, Greed is not a Marxist. He is a Greedist, only for whatever gets himself the very best deal possible, to h3ll if it destroys the country and hurts countless of millions of people. His only ideaology is found in his wallet. And it is an ideaology from which he will not waiver. He is the worst kind of evil that exists, and he proves it on a daily basis.

NOMOBO on October 29, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Coburn, unlike a real leader, evidently came to Washington to make 99 or more friends.

NOMOBO on October 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Bitter Clinger on October 29, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Schumer is an egomaniac who’s always self-promoting, but I can see where he might also be a guy you wouldn’t mind sitting down and shooting the bull with while watching the game.

I could see Harry Reid being completely insufferable to ever be around, however. The man is unhinged.

One of the reasons Washington is broken is that neither side seems willing to see the other as human beings worth talking to.

Despise the ideas – they are despicable. But that doesn’t make everyone who espouses those ideas despicable as well. Many are just mistaken.

Red Cloud on October 29, 2013 at 12:49 PM

What do expect from a guy (Reid) who has spent every Halloween inside his own home. It gets boring winning the “Best Costume” prize every year.

And he doesn’t even have to dress up.

“And this years winner….for the 18th year in a row….

Harry “Undertaker” Reid”

‘But I’m not wearing a costume……’

BobMbx on October 29, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Hey, gang. I just saw on another site that Tom Coburn leads the 2016 field with 86% of the vote! What just happened?

bmmg39 on October 29, 2013 at 1:25 PM

As a member of the Mormon church, I have no idea how “Brother” Reid keeps his Temple Recommend.

Alberta_Patriot on October 29, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I have great relationships with Chuck Schumer.

Sorry Tom, forget your assessment of Dingy Harry. I couldn’t get past this comment.

Not entirely a good judge of character, are you?

hawkeye54 on October 29, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Perhaps he’s great at fundraising. I’d like to see how much Dingy personally contributes financially to his church.

hawkeye54 on October 29, 2013 at 3:28 PM

SteveInRTP on October 29, 2013 at 11:02 AM

You won the A-Bomb Memorial Comment of the Day™. It just took a while for Ed to rescue the original comment out of the auto-filter.

Steve Eggleston on October 29, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Reid needs to make public all his bank records for the past ten years to see whom he’s been paying off to hush up the rumors of pederasty swirling around him.

Ted Torgerson on October 29, 2013 at 5:25 PM

“I have great relationships with Chuck Schumer.

Tom, Don’t forget your good friends Obama and Nancy Pelosi.

Interestingly, it seems that the more liberal the Democrat, the more likely they are to be Tom Coburn’s good friend.

RJL on October 29, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Right, Tom; Chuckie is your friend as long as you’re willing to stab Cruz and Lee in the back.

Another Drew on October 29, 2013 at 7:26 PM

We know that about Reid so, why is Coburn and the rest of them not fighting him? Coburn things he’s an asshole because he can’t come up with a plan to beat him. He should be more ticked off at Schumer, who is just as much an asshole as Reid, except he’s not the Majority Leader.

I have a question, How many Senators knew Obama was lying about, “If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.”? We know that Steny Hoyer knew that was a lie, how many other Democrats knew that was a lie? I ask this because it might be time for people in states that can, to recall those Senators. Here’s the point, if the Democrats get to lie, on something as serious as Healthcare, and not suffer any consequences for it, they’re willing to do it again. I feel they have to pay a price for those lies and one of them would be a quicker loss of the Senate by recalling Democrat senators, in states that allow it. You can bet if this were Republicans the Democrats wouldn’t hesitate to support a strategy like that, and would have the MSM supporting them. I think it’s worth looking into.

bflat879 on October 29, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Wow Tom … you must really HATE A-holes, to equate them with Harry Reid.

listens2glenn on October 29, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Coburn: Reid is an “absolute …”

posted at 10:46 am on October 29, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

“… asshole,”

….that made my day!

KOOLAID2 on October 29, 2013 at 8:11 PM

“I have great relationships with Chuck Schumer Beelzebub’s turd.”

S. D. on October 29, 2013 at 8:22 PM

A high knee hole, no doubt.

Galtian on October 30, 2013 at 12:28 AM

I was going to go to a Halloween party as Harry Reid, but I couldn’t find an asshole costume.

deimos on October 30, 2013 at 7:00 AM

I was going to go to a Halloween party as Harry Reid but I couldn’t find an a**hole costume.

deimos on October 30, 2013 at 7:02 AM

NOMOBO on October 29, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Liberal Greed is Good

…Voters were seduced into believing that liberal greed is good. They thought that they were going to feast at an expensive restaurant on someone else’s dime and now they’re getting the bill.

You can’t be conned unless you get greedy. The easiest kind of person to cheat is the cheat who is looking for shortcuts.

ObamaCare was a monumental con. It was a shortcut around the economic facts of life that promised everyone a free lunch on someone else’s dime. And too many people who should have known better stopped using their common sense. They forgot the same lesson they were forced to relearn every April about who really pays for everything…

Fallon on October 30, 2013 at 9:11 AM