Maryland ACA enrollments are 96% Medicaid
posted at 9:06 am on October 26, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
More than 3,100 Maryland households have chosen to enroll through the state’s online marketplace for health insurance…The state also says 82,473 residents are signed up to be automatically enrolled in Medicaid coverage on Jan. 1.
What does this tell us? The demand for Medicaid remains significant in a chronically-stagnating economy. The demand for overpriced health insurance with high deductibles? Not so much, even though the government is forcing people to buy it.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation