Video: Krauthammer tutors Jon Stewart on conservatism
posted at 11:09 am on October 25, 2013 by Guy Benson
Charles Krauthammer stopped by the Daily Show to promote his new book, “Things That Matter,” and his conversation with host Jon Stewart spilled well over the allotted time. Comedy Central has made the full interaction available online, in three installments. It became clear viewers were in for a lively discussion when things began with this exchange:
Stewart: What’s the growth process [as a writer] been like?
Krauthammer: Well, I was once a liberal.
Stewart: So the early writings showed hope?
Krauthammer: And then came change.
The balance of the extended dialogue was a back-and-forth over the proper role of government, which was peppered with Stewart’s often tendentious, but occasionally fair, criticisms of modern conservatism. Krauthammer, as one might expect, parried the host’s volleys adroitly:
For those who may be interested, my discursive interview with Dr. Krauthammer on “Things That Matter” is available in the current edition of Townhall Magazine.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained