Green Room

Now available: Prices for every insurance plan offered on Healthcare.gov

posted at 10:20 am on October 23, 2013 by

Someone stumbled across this spreadsheet on the ObamaCare website last night and it’s been zapping around Twitter ever since. Is this information … supposed to be public? I thought the whole point of forcing people to register before showing them the prices is that they didn’t want you to see how expensive the plans are until you’d already been lured with the promise of subsidies.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Download the spreadsheet in csv format.

Then sort on the Family column. You’ll find that if you live in VA, you’re screwed.

For Amelia county (VA), if you want the Gold Optima Health Vantage FourSight 1000 MO plan for a family, your MONTHLY premium is $6494.54.

MONTHLY!

Just sort on the family column (high to low), and discover that the highest premiums are found in VA.

This is the second thing I did (first of course was to see how much plans were where I live).

Wow do Virginian families get screwed. I am guessing Optima Health just said “screw ’em, charge them what ever we want!”. So glad I do not live in VA, AZ, WI, GA or WY. These states have the top 5 highest premiums.

kutabeach on October 24, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Oh, Goody!

Per the linked website of a previous commenter …..
Plan Costs

My “cheapest” plan option would be Catastrophic insurance at $1,108.84 per month with a $6350 deductible. A real cost of $19,656.08 annually.

Most expensive option would be Gold (no Platinum offered) at $2,318.02 per month with a $750 deductible and a $6000 out of pocket maximum. A real cost of $33,816.24.

What a fantastic deal! (sarc)

Further notes:
After playing with the numbers … the subsidies are HUGE and WILL bankrupt this country.

People will go ballistic over their “free” healthcare with large deductibles.

The D’s are going to want further subsidies for these deductibles.

The R’s will resist and THIS will be THE BIG DEAL in the 2014 election cycle.

The end truly is near.

Carnac on October 24, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Cheapest option: opt out.

HiJack on October 24, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I couldn’t find NY. Is it me or is it missing?

magicbeans on October 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM

“He hasn’t been serious.”

A familiar GOP pattern when in power: Squabbling

Andrew Malcolm Jun 29, 2017 10:01 AM

Not exactly teamwork.

Merkel plots confrontation on climate change.

Button it up.

“I repeat I am innocent of these charges. They are false.”

Just a reminder: People will die

Allahpundit Jun 28, 2017 10:41 PM

“Whipped cream’s killing more people than ever before.”

Medicare for all?

“There comes a point where you gotta get off the crazy train.”

Poll: Dem voters glumly sticking with Pelosi

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 8:41 PM

Disaster ahead?

“When she left it, it was in better shape than it had ever been.”

Manafort, firm registers as foreign agents

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 6:41 PM

Better late than never?

Delivered as promised

“I would like to think that the president saved many innocent men, women and children.”

“The Russia investigation was by far the dominant topic…”

The merry little media war continues.

Criminal enterprise

Politico: Has the SPLC lost its way?

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 3:01 PM

“The organization has always tried to find ways to milk money out of the public…”

Trump legal team backing away from Comey complaint?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 2:31 PM

De-escalation?

Time to get up and go to work, sir

CNN gets glum, defensive after resignations

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 1:01 PM

“If Jeff lit himself on fire, it wouldn’t appease the pro-Trump media.”

Hmmm: FBI probing Russia-based anti-virus firm?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 12:31 PM

“I wouldn’t put their stuff on my computer if you paid me.”

He works hard for the money…

It’s not a slippery slope. It’s a freaking avalanche.

Nuts.

Showdown: Sarah Palin vs the New York Times

Jazz Shaw Jun 28, 2017 9:21 AM

Defamation

Credit where creditor’s due?

More flash than bang, but a very bad sign

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”