Green Room

Griffin to retire

posted at 2:37 pm on October 21, 2013 by

I’ve had Rep. Tim Griffin (R-AR) on my show a couple of times, and looked forward to watching him work in the House for more than a couple of terms. However, family issues have pushed him to retire after this term, according to CBS:

An Arkansas news outlet says Rep. Tim Griffin, a Republican who represents the second congressional district, will not seek reelection in 2014 after only two terms in the House.

Griffin cited family responsibilities in a statement to Talk Business Arkansas. “God has blessed me with a wonderful wife, Elizabeth, and two precious children, and for several months Elizabeth and I have been discussing whether to seek a third term in Congress, especially considering the formative ages of Mary Katherine and John. It has been an agonizing and difficult decision involving much prayer, thought and discussion. We have decided that now is the time for me to focus intently on my top priority, my family, as Elizabeth and I raise our two young children,” he said.

Griffin will continue as a Lt. Colonel in the Army Reserve and wants to work in “public service,” but apparently wants to be closer to home.  Best of luck to Rep. Griffin.

For those who wonder, AR-02 is ranked by the Rothenberg Report as “safe Republican.”  Cook has it as R+8 according to the district’s Wikipedia entry and Romney won by 12 last November.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I’m sure CBS is shocked anyone in DC wouldn’t stay for life, ala John Dingell.

Bitter Clinger on October 21, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Tired of the Stars War bar party scene. Good move to go back to reality.

DanMan on October 21, 2013 at 3:50 PM

He’s going back to Arkansas DanMan. Reality? 🙂

guido911 on October 21, 2013 at 7:20 PM

For those who wonder, AR-02 is ranked by the Rothenberg Report as “safe Republican.” Cook has it as R+8 according to the district’s Wikipedia entry and Romney won by 12 last November.

Really? The leftist liberal dem import from Oregon Vic Snyder was our Rep. for the previous 7 terms (97-11). Ray Thorton, dem, was our Rep. for the 3 terms before that (91 – 97). Ed, you sure that those reports weren’t from the Turd Blossom’s people?

We’ll see who runs…

Gohawgs on October 22, 2013 at 1:21 AM

How very selfish of him. sarc/

cat-scratch on October 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Top Pick

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM
Top Pick

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city