Green Room

Video: What do veterans have in common with … Miley Cyrus?

posted at 4:30 pm on October 18, 2013 by

With a question like that, you’d hope that the answer isn’t twerking, and it’s not … er, for the most part, anyway.  No, my friend Pete Hegseth’s group Concerned Veterans for America are in the middle of the nationwide Defend Freedom tour from Las Vegas, Nevada to Manassas, Virginia on October 27th.  And like Miley Cyrus, their message is — We Can’t Stop (via Cato’s Dan Mitchell)

The Defend Freedom Bus Tour will travel across a dozen states over three weeks featuring veterans, military families, and patriotic Americans helping take our message of service, freedom, and action on the road and straight to the people.

Concerned Veterans for America is providing an opportunity for veterans, their families, and all Americans to honor their service by taking action in defense of freedom. Join us!

Check out their schedule and join them if they’re coming near your neighborhood, and go through the website to see how you can help.  Hint: They’re not really looking for twerkers.  Trust me.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

That was painfully stupid.

Who thought that would be an effective video?

Incredibly lame.

bluegill on October 18, 2013 at 6:25 PM

You left out “stick with it to the end”. The end was the funniest part.

I take it this is a Miley Cyrus tune?

And hagfish, grow up, or get a life, or a sense of humor…or get laid. Geesh, what a loser to toss out the non-stop crap like you do.

cozmo on October 18, 2013 at 7:00 PM

They look like people I know and like.

DanMan on October 18, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I take it this is a Miley Cyrus tune?

cozmo on October 18, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Miley lyrics, kind of… that’s why the reference was in the writeup. I looked on youtube and found her video and some of the lyrics are the same and similar to what was in the video posted here.
Fishy, I got nuthin’ for ya…

ExpressoBold on October 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM

What do veterans have in common with … Miley Cyrus?

Their president sucks.

Ronnie on October 19, 2013 at 12:26 AM

They both have lots of tatoos? Hell, the girl is running out of room to place them. Twenty years old and she already looks like a 80 year old longshoreman. [smh in that hip ghetto way!]

Blake on October 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM

…nipples?

KOOLAID2 on October 19, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Video: What do veterans have in common with … Miley Cyrus?

Initials.

Obviously.

Shy Guy on October 19, 2013 at 11:30 PM

I misread the title and thought it said “Marines”, not “veterans”.

Shy Guy on October 20, 2013 at 4:55 AM

Short hair? Long tongues? High heals? I know. Way too tight shorts that squish butt cheeks out.

Dr. Frank Enstine on October 21, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Blake on October 19, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I would be afraid to tell a longshoreman that he looked like Ms. Cyrus. Unless it was a longshorewoman and I was trying to get lucky. Of course she would have to be blind, like old fat guys and most likely drunk.

Dr. Frank Enstine on October 21, 2013 at 3:36 PM

“He hasn’t been serious.”

A familiar GOP pattern when in power: Squabbling

Andrew Malcolm Jun 29, 2017 10:01 AM

Not exactly teamwork.

Merkel plots confrontation on climate change.

Button it up.

“I repeat I am innocent of these charges. They are false.”

Just a reminder: People will die

Allahpundit Jun 28, 2017 10:41 PM

“Whipped cream’s killing more people than ever before.”

Medicare for all?

“There comes a point where you gotta get off the crazy train.”

Poll: Dem voters glumly sticking with Pelosi

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 8:41 PM

Disaster ahead?

“When she left it, it was in better shape than it had ever been.”

Manafort, firm registers as foreign agents

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 6:41 PM

Better late than never?

Delivered as promised

“I would like to think that the president saved many innocent men, women and children.”

“The Russia investigation was by far the dominant topic…”

The merry little media war continues.

Criminal enterprise

Politico: Has the SPLC lost its way?

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 3:01 PM

“The organization has always tried to find ways to milk money out of the public…”

Trump legal team backing away from Comey complaint?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 2:31 PM

De-escalation?

Time to get up and go to work, sir

CNN gets glum, defensive after resignations

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 1:01 PM

“If Jeff lit himself on fire, it wouldn’t appease the pro-Trump media.”

Hmmm: FBI probing Russia-based anti-virus firm?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 12:31 PM

“I wouldn’t put their stuff on my computer if you paid me.”

He works hard for the money…

It’s not a slippery slope. It’s a freaking avalanche.

Nuts.

Showdown: Sarah Palin vs the New York Times

Jazz Shaw Jun 28, 2017 9:21 AM

Defamation

Credit where creditor’s due?

More flash than bang, but a very bad sign

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”