Green Room

McAuliffe: “I will be a brick wall” against any kind of restrictions on abortion

posted at 5:38 pm on October 16, 2013 by

Lovely. Virginia, are you ready for the Kermit Gosnell treatment?

Woman #1:  “So as governor, would you oppose any restrictions on my right to an abortion at any time?”

McAuliffe:   “Yes.”

Woman  #1:   “No, Yes?”

McAuliffe:   “I would support stopping any restrictions.”

And then to remove any doubt, he told another woman that as governor he would be a “brick wall” against even the most common ground limitations on abortion.

Woman #2:  “Also, if any anti-choice Republicans were to introduce legislation preventing me from getting an abortion after 20 weeks would you oppose it?”

McAuliffe: “So you have a Constitutional right. This has been determined in our nation. It is a Constitutional right. It is. What I said here is that I will be a brick wall to stop any erosion of any Constitutional right that any woman has in Virginia. I will be a brick wall.”

Actually, I’m surprised that McAuliffe would go all in here.  Ken Cuccinelli has a strong pro-life position, which means that McAuliffe could offer the “safe, legal, and rare” dodge that his friend Bill Clinton used to sound moderate on the issue.  Instead, here’s McAuliffe going the full Gosnell.  I doubt it will change much, but Cuccinelli can at least pick up on this and make it into an issue.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

i’d love for him to point to the section of the constitution that talks about ripping unborn human beings limb from limb. i don’t remember that part!

Sachiko on October 16, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Disgusting – just disgusting

gophergirl on October 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM

That explains the cinder block he has sitting on top of his shoulders already.

BobMbx on October 16, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Good. What a clear choice. This is what I had hoped for in 2012, but we had to field Mr. $50 Romneycare abortions. So, here it is, Virginia; the choice couldn’t be clearer.

“I call heaven and earth to witness this day, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing. Choose therefore life, that both thou and thy seed may live.”

What’s it going to be, Virginia?

pannw on October 16, 2013 at 6:10 PM

According to the ads running here Cuccinelli has written and presented bill after bill to stop abortion. Isn’t that odd for an Attorney General? /

Cindy Munford on October 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM

The douche is a ghoul as well.

22044 on October 16, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Cuccinelli is about off the air where I live in soviet VA, but he has really run a tepid, pathetic campaign.

Here’s a little tip for all GOP prospective candidates: If your opponent is blanketing the airwaves calling you an extremist social conservative, you call him a partial-birth abortion monster and make him try to explain how he’s not. You’ll about neutralize the issue, leaving everything else.

You don’t run the Romney playbook of laying out economic plans to charges that you’re Todd Akin’s clone, as Cuccinelli has done. You’ll lose, as Cuccinelli is about to.

crrr6 on October 16, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Well, I guess that brick wall statement makes TM’s election a done deal.

Thank you libtards, low- information voters, Yankee usurpers, and the Cuccinelli campaign for making my nightmare a reality in a few weeks.

Sherman1864 on October 16, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Sherman1864 on October 16, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I’m a NY refugee who fled to VA, but I’m with you. It really is infuriating to see our guys get character assas$inated and fight back with “TM’s economic plan is a joke”. Um, if you allow charges about your character to go unanswered, then people will assume they’re true. Now, TM has a 14 poin lead among women because they think KC is Todd Akin and TM is somewhere around Bob Casey on abortion, when he’s actually more like Gosnell.

crrr6 on October 16, 2013 at 6:32 PM

“But what kind of shoes was he wearing when he said it?”
/MSM

Bitter Clinger on October 16, 2013 at 6:33 PM

So he feels the same way about guns, right?

SAZMD on October 16, 2013 at 6:55 PM

So he feels the same way about guns, right?

SAZMD on October 16, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Of course not.

The 2nd Amendment is about militias or something.

Bitter Clinger on October 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Sherman1864 on October 16, 2013 at 6:18 PM

The only low-info people that exist are in the GOPe themselves.

Myron Falwell on October 16, 2013 at 7:30 PM

crrr6 on October 16, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Agreed. I’ve never understood why Republicans are afraid to call a spade a spade, respond in kind to the garbage the Dems throw out there. They’ve got the ‘paint the other guy as an extremist’ game down pat, and they’re good at it, yet people on our side seem afraid to return the favor. McAuliffe is a first class scumbag, and Cuccinelli should be telling people that.

changer1701 on October 16, 2013 at 7:40 PM

McAuliffe is the ultimate Washington Insider.

Virginia, we don’t need another one of these turds in our midst, much less calling shots in Richmond.

Come on, Commonwealth. Wake up and rid us of this nightmare. Get out and vote against this Clintoon flunky.

The most dishonest campaign in history will yield positive results if we don’t keep this NON-VIRGINIAN from winning the Governor’s seat.

P.S. This phony is from Syracuse, NY.

hillbillyjim on October 16, 2013 at 7:47 PM

I would vote for a convicted felon before I would give McAuliffe the nod, were it possible.

Yes, he is that bad.

He is the worst of the worst.

That he is even in the running makes me sad for my Virginia.

hillbillyjim on October 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM

crrr6 on October 16, 2013 at 6:32 PM

You seem to be pretty well-informed, so how is it that you pretend to like this McAuliffe shit? You know that his whole campaign is based on smears and outright lies. You know that his phony “war on women” diatribes are pure bullshit. Yet you persist.

You, my sweet, are as big a phony as Mr. McAuliffe.

(that is not an easy thing to do, and it is not a compliment)

hillbillyjim on October 16, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Gee, what a great Catholic!!! Hmmmmm, or maybe he forgot to read the Catechism and the Ten Commandments….

chai on October 16, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Including 4th, 5th and 240th trimester abortions? Hey, grandpa is costing too much healthcare.

rbj on October 16, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Would Terry kill his own baby? Or is it just other babies who are cluttering up the place?

vityas on October 16, 2013 at 9:46 PM

He’ll be a brick alright…..

itsspideyman on October 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Here in SW VA (I managed to escape Jersey) Cuccinelli signs outnumber t-mc signs a dozen to one. Unfortunately I learned after the barky debacle of 2012, we are more than swamped by the drones in NO-VA. About all I can look forward to at this point is cancelling the vote of some latte-liberal in McLean or Alexandria.

Lost in Jersey on October 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM

The media to call him out with non-stop attacks over his extremist opinion in 3…2…1…

xblade on October 16, 2013 at 9:50 PM

McAuliffe would promise to hack his own wife in half with a fire-axe if he thought it would win him a few votes, the man is human garbage and a pandering douchebag that only fellow leftist pedo’s could love.

Bishop on October 16, 2013 at 10:30 PM

‘Abortion Now! Abortion Tomorrow! Abortion Forever!’

- Terry McAuliffe & Democrats

Resist We Much on October 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Instead, here’s McAuliffe going the full Gosnell.

He’s a liberal. It’s what liberals do.

rukiddingme on October 16, 2013 at 11:28 PM

‘Abortion Now! Abortion Tomorrow! Abortion Forever!’

- Terry McAuliffe & Democrats

Resist We Much on October 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM

It’s a shame that you couldn’t send that out as his message since it so obviously is.

mrsmwp on October 16, 2013 at 11:33 PM

As he’s burning in hell, I hope his own words are played over and over to him, in a loop, for all of eternity.

SailorMark on October 16, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I smell desperation. Flukin’ crook.

John the Libertarian on October 17, 2013 at 2:18 AM

So he feels the same way about guns, right?

SAZMD on October 16, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Don’t you get it?! That 2nd Amendment right is all about killing people, bub!

Oh, wait a minute…hmmm…never mind!

NavyMustang on October 17, 2013 at 3:05 AM

Drunks say the darndest things.

jas88 on October 17, 2013 at 8:37 AM

A brick wall on a sh#t house maybe

Roy Rogers on October 17, 2013 at 8:39 AM

The U.S. constitution says absolutely nothing about abortion, and the U.S. Supreme Court has never held that a woman has an unrestricted right to abortion at any time in her pregnancy. In fact, Roe v. Wade recognized that the state has the right to restrict abortions in the latter stages of pregnancy. Hell, even the ever-so-enlightened and liberal European states restrict abortions after 20 weeks.

McAuliffe is an ignorant fool. How is he ahead in this race?

AZCoyote on October 17, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Actually, I’m surprised that McAuliffe would go all in here.

It’s not surprising. McAuliffe decided he was going to view this as a base turnout election weeks ago. I think their internals look bad for independents, so they’re going all in for the base.

NotCoach on October 17, 2013 at 9:07 AM

‘Abortion Now! Abortion Tomorrow! Abortion Forever!’

- Terry McAuliffe & Democrats

Resist We Much on October 16, 2013 at 10:42 PM

“Pro-choice” – really pro-abortion/pro-murder, on the issue of abortion.

Anti-choice…on every other issue, labor, education, etc.

22044 on October 17, 2013 at 9:11 AM

crrr6 on October 16, 2013 at 6:32 PM

You, my sweet, are as big a phony as Mr. McAuliffe.

(that is not an easy thing to do, and it is not a compliment)

hillbillyjim on October 16, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I think you either need a sarc tag, to re-read what I wrote or put down the crack pipe.

crrr6 on October 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Won’t change a thing because the GOP won’t play the issue. Beats me why they don’t go full Gosnell on every single democrat. It’s gross, disturbing, and true. The GOP r so stupid.

mrscullen on October 17, 2013 at 11:00 AM

He’s got the right I.Q. for a brick wall.

Flange on October 17, 2013 at 11:20 AM

And Satan laughs.

Mason on October 17, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Wait, I thought talking about abortion was a sure fire way to lose.

That’s what the RINO’s keep telling me.

CurtZHP on October 17, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Remember. According to libs, you are “anti-choice” if you are against abortion. So they are basically saying at when it comes to sex and the things that can happen after it, choice starts at deciding wether to terminate a pregnancy or not. Therefor, they believe having sex is not a choice. Therefore, they are pro-rape.

DethMetalCookieMonst on October 17, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Tell me again. What’s the upside of killing babies? I forget.

Galtian on October 17, 2013 at 12:39 PM

DethMetalCookieMonst on October 17, 2013 at 12:38 PM

you’re exactly right. liberals are always talking about how teaching abstinence is stupid because teens are (supposedly) going to have sex anyway. i guess teens just can’t control their bodies. with that logic, rapists could use the same excuse.

Sachiko on October 17, 2013 at 12:41 PM

If the feckless carpet bagger has no respect for the sanctity and right to life how can he be trusted at all. How could any right minded person vote for this man or his party ever again.

50 million and counting cry out for justice. Virginians protect your future citizens and the future of our Common Wealth. Don’t vote for this villian.

Cadian on October 17, 2013 at 1:49 PM

The Party of Molloch strikes again. No amount of human sacrifice will ever be enough to sate their bloodlust.

njrob on October 17, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Does this mean he won’t be having my baby?

bour3 on October 17, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Pander-monium!

Marcola on October 17, 2013 at 4:03 PM

The Music Box Theater in Chicago is raising money for abortion. Disgusting.

“After Tiller” abortion fundraiser

CrustyB on October 17, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Terry McAuliffe: A graduate of:

1. Bishop Ludden CATHOLIC High School (1975)

2. Catholic University of America;

3. Georgetown (Catholic) Law School (1984)

ANOTHER DEM, LIKE PELOSI, WHO SAYS: I’m Catholic but fail to live up to their principles when it comes to abortion.

Terry: You’ve embarrassed yourself, your parents, the Syracuse Catholic Community ……………

You are shameless.