Video flashback: Romney was right about Obama. Again.
posted at 11:22 am on October 10, 2013 by Guy Benson
A few months back, Buzzfeed published a column provocatively entitled, “Was Mitt Romney Right About Everything?” The piece noted how Romney’s predictions on a number of fronts — from Russia’s hostility, to the coming Obamacare implementation trainwreck, to Detroit’s bankruptcy — have been vindicated by post-election events. As we sit mired in a government shutdown with insults flying over the debt ceiling, let’s go to another video tape. Here’s Romney addressing an audience in Colorado just four days before he lost to Obama:
The Lefty site TPM seized on these comments, claiming that Romney was suggesting that Congress would block a debt ceiling increase under Obama. He didn’t say that, nor will Republicans allow that to happen. Romney predicted that Obama’s terrible leadership would fuel bitter dysfunction and gridlock:
“You know that if the president is re-elected, he will still be unable to work with the people in Congress. I mean, he’s ignored them, he’s attacked them, he’s blamed them. The debt ceiling will come up again, and shutdown and default will be threatened, chilling the economy.”
Bullseye. Every damn word.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Programming note: Guest-hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show tonight w/ MKH
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style