Green Room

Inhofe feels “great” after emergency heart surgery

posted at 9:07 am on October 8, 2013 by

I hope readers will excuse this personal note today.  Whenever I get to DC, I get in contact with Sen. James Inhofe’s office to arrange for an interview, because (a) he’s a great interview subject — humorous, blunt, and ready to talk about anything — and (b) Sen. Inhofe is a very kind and gracious man. We swap stories about grandkids off-camera, and he’s been courtly and considerate with my wife when she accompanies me.  Thankfully, we’ll have the Senator around for a while, after doctors performed an emergency quadruple bypass Friday — and at 78, that’s no joke.  Inhofe says he “feels great,” but it was indeed an emergency:

Inhofe, 78, said he has never had any kind of heart trouble and hadn’t felt any symptoms of the blocked arteries.

The senator said he had a virtual colonoscopy last week. After a doctor looked at the results, he told Inhofe “your colon is fine but you have a heart problem.”

After seeing a specialist in Washington, who advised immediate open-heart surgery, Inhofe decided to have the surgery in Tulsa so his children and grandchildren could visit him, the senator said.

Two of his arteries had 100 percentage blockage, two had 90 percent blockage and another had 75 percent, Inhofe said.

Heal up quickly, Senator Inhofe.  I have new granddaughter stories to tell you, and I’d like to hear a few more of your own. Our prayers will be with you while you’re recovering from the surgery.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Uhh… I don’t think “virtual colonoscopy” is covered for asymptomatic patients under Obamacare. Sorry folks. Plus at age 78, he should probably just take the pills instead….

/s

bofh on October 8, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Hope Sen. Inhofe gets well soon!

Ed, you should interview Sen. Franken sometime. It could get… entertaining. “Goshdarnit, why don’t people love you?!”

pookysgirl on October 8, 2013 at 9:46 AM

At age 78, I wonder how long he would have to wait under ObamaCare guidelines once the DeathStar is fully operational.

txmomof6 on October 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I’m still trying to figure out how they determined he had heart problems from basically a colon MRI…

Skywise on October 8, 2013 at 2:26 PM

God Bless James Inhofe, one of the very few men on Capital Hill I respect.

Prayers answered that you are feeling better senator. Take a break, you deserve it.

Axion on October 8, 2013 at 6:34 PM

txmomof6 on October 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Not long. He’s one of the ruling class, don’t ya know?

HiJack on October 8, 2013 at 7:20 PM

As I recall James Inhofe is one of the few who fights against the global warming hoax. We need him in the fight no matter what his age.

Kaffa on October 8, 2013 at 7:46 PM

…get well Senator!

KOOLAID2 on October 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM

That quick of a response!?

Obviously, he’s not covered by obozocare.

KMC1 on October 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM

txmomof6 on October 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Hmmmmm…Age 78…Republican…he’s already scheduled for the gas chamber!!

landlines on October 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Top Pick

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.