Slideshow from Assisi
posted at 10:06 am on October 4, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
Pope Francis celebrated Mass on the feast day of St. Francis in Assisi, a nod to his pontifical inspiration. It’s a beautiful little town in the mountains of Italy, and I had an opportunity to spend the day there with the students from Chesterton Academy in Minnesota, who were coincidentally visiting at the same time as the papal conclave in March. I never did post these pictures, but for those interested in Assisi after today’s stories, this will give a brief representation of the town — which was one of my sightseeing highlights from March’s trip. Hope you enjoy.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation