Green Room

And now, a word from Jim Hoft

posted at 7:31 pm on October 4, 2013 by

Actually, quite a few of them — including an opening from Psalm 23.  Our good friend Jim is back at Gateway Pundit and relates how he very nearly died, but survived through prayer, faith, and excellent medicare care when he needed it most.  That, and the love and care of friends and family:

My trip to Los Angeles the weekend of August 16th was wonderful. I saw several friends. I spoke at a rally for media fairness. I played the part of an Obama rodeo clown chasing a cow across the stage. It was great fun.

It wasn’t until late Saturday night that I started feeling ill. And I brought what I thought was a cold virus back home with me to St. Louis.

The next week I felt horrible and took cold medicine to try to shake this late summer “virus.” It wasn’t until Thursday when I woke up with no sight in my left eye that I knew something was terribly wrong.

That is when I checked into the hospital and my life changed forever.

My twin brother, who works and lives in Hong Kong, was trying his best to capture what was going on with my health crisis in St. Louis. His beautiful daughter, Candice, came and stayed with me my first few nights in the hospital.

Much of late August through September was blurry for me. I was very, very sick. I prayed, and prayed, and prayed, but was not sure if I was going to make it. It was such a dark, lonely place. But in the end, prayer won.

Be sure to read it all — and remember to keep Jim in your prayers.  He’s out of the woods, but has a lot farther to go to return to health.  We’re grateful he’s still with us, though.  Welcome back, Jim.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Welcome back Jim!

Murphy9 on October 4, 2013 at 7:35 PM

He went through so much. I’m so glad he’s getting better. I hope and pray his recovery is complete. Jim, you are a much needed, much loved warrior in the conservative ranks. Your Gateway Pundit site is one of my top bookmarks. Get better quickly, guy! May God bless you.

theotherone on October 4, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Wow – great news for a Friday! Best wishes to Jim & all who love & appreciate him.

22044 on October 4, 2013 at 7:58 PM

While Ed often says “read it all”, this time you really need to. Unbelievable.

gh on October 4, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Thank you, Lord, for this second chance.

Yes, praise the Lord! What an amazing testimony.

conservative pilgrim on October 4, 2013 at 8:29 PM

…keep healing Jim!

KOOLAID2 on October 4, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Wishing Jim a continuous miraculous recovery!

batterup on October 4, 2013 at 10:23 PM

I’m enormously grateful to hear this news. After reading about how sick he was, and then hearing nothing for so long after that, I was really afraid he wouldn’t make it.

Doomberg on October 4, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Jim, welcome back!

Prayer to God works!!

We are all so blessed to have you back Jim, take it easy eh?

Still praying for your recovery!

God Bless you and all your family and friends :)

Scrumpy on October 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I’m at a loss for words over this incredible miraculous recovery, except to say prayer works.

God bless you, Jim, and I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

PatriotGal2257 on October 5, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Jim, it’s good to hear you’re getting better. You’re in my prayers.

Ward Cleaver on October 5, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Praise the Lord

crosshugger on October 5, 2013 at 9:32 PM

So glad to hear this wonderful news…we will keep sending you all the positive thoughts and healing prayers and vibes that you need. you can count on us..Stay strong!!!

Xango Annie on October 5, 2013 at 10:33 PM

This is great news. Thank the Lord.

Cindy Munford on October 6, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I was afraid to open this…but it is fantastic news! May God continue to bless you and keep holding you up. So GLAD to see this!

lovingmyUSA on October 6, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Jim Hoft has truly been through hell and back these past weeks. I pray that he is better soon.

cynccook on October 6, 2013 at 8:21 PM