Breaking: Federal judge refuses injunction to stop MD gun law
posted at 1:42 pm on October 1, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
A federal judge on Tuesday declined to halt Maryland’s strict new gun laws while a lawsuit challenging their constitutionality goes forward.
U.S. District Judge Catherine C. Blake issued the opinion after a hearing Tuesday morning on the Firearms Amendment Act of 2013.
She said plaintiffs had months to file for a temporary restraining order and that she was not convinced they would suffer irreparable harm if the law went into effect.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation