Green Room

Ted Cruz Begins His Quixotic Talking Filibuster To End Obamacare

posted at 3:11 pm on September 24, 2013 by

It’s a futile attempt to be sure, but the junior Senator just took to the Senate floor and said I intend to speak until I am no longer able. Good, bad or indifferent, you have to admire his passion, don’t you? If you want, it’s being streamed on www.c-span.org on C-Span 2.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Men in Black rocks.

But,,

There is some merit in recognizing that someone so schooled could also be fooled.

It’s important that this ends. We may not all get there at the same time. But we must get there.

wolly4321 on September 25, 2013 at 1:30 AM

wolly4321 on September 25, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Or some of us may sit on our thumbs until it blows up in our faces and we wonder what happened. Hrm.

gryphon202 on September 25, 2013 at 1:34 AM

….and you weren’t Smart enough to avoid it or come up with a good comeback…… That measures you pretty accurately….

williamg on September 25, 2013 at 1:11 AM

I didn’t think I needed to. I grew past that kind of schoolyard bullshit in my tweens.

gryphon202 on September 25, 2013 at 1:14 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ……yeah, it was probably at Least that long ago when you “grew past” being Smart enough to avoid or counter witty repartee….

williamg on September 25, 2013 at 1:58 AM

williamg on September 25, 2013 at 1:58 AM

And thus, I must concede that you and I have a vast gulf of difference between our respective opinions of what constitutes “witty.”

gryphon202 on September 25, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Duane Patterson of the boring, pro-amnesty Hugh Hewitt show hadn’t posted in HotAir Green Room in over 2 months, and then decides to come on now just to write a dismissive headline and few-sentence post about Cruz’s speech. Why has this Duane Patterson person been given Green Room posting privileges here?

As a long-time reader of HotAir.com, I wish to offer the following feedback: NO MORE NOBODY RINOS LIKE DUANE PATTERSON. Please ask the readers who they’d like to see blog here. I guarantee you that no one will ask for Patterson.

This Green Room posting by Patterson is an insult. I am disgusted to see HotAir give Green Room privileges to this person no one is interested in.

I would rather listen to 12 hours of Cruz speech than suffer through 12 minutes of boring, unfunny hacks on the Hugh Hewitt show.

bluegill on September 25, 2013 at 6:15 AM

If you’d rather listen to Cruz go on and on, tune in to C Span. Though Marco Rubio just took over for him.

Sarjex on September 25, 2013 at 6:20 AM

Sarjex on September 25, 2013 at 6:20 AM

I need to get to sleep soon, so I shouldn’t listen to Cruz, since he gets me all fired up.

I should, however, turn on some repeats of the RINO Hugh Hewitt show, since that will put me to sleep in mere seconds.

bluegill on September 25, 2013 at 7:08 AM

WilliamG

You’re the one who sounds unhinged. I’m surprised Gryphon has put up this long with your BS. Why don’t you calm down?

zoyclem on September 25, 2013 at 7:40 AM

WilliamG

zoyclem on September 25, 2013 at 7:40 AM

You flatter me, zoyclem. Thank you. 🙂

gryphon202 on September 25, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Quixotic merely means, in this case, a passioned, yet futile attempt to stop Obamacare from going into effect.

Duane Patterson on September 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM

So then “Quixotic” also merely means, in this case, a passioned, yet futile attempt by RINOS to stop Cruz from being effective.

ziggyville on September 25, 2013 at 9:15 AM

It’s not Quixotic, it’s necessary. Yes, he will fail, but that’s not the point.

Quartermaster on September 25, 2013 at 10:30 AM

You flatter me, zoyclem. Thank you.

gryphon202 on September 25, 2013 at 7:46 AM

….yeah – Dear Leader likes to be steeped in flattery, too…..different people live for different things

….I neither solicit it or steep others in it……I don’t find it helpful in any way

However – Ted Cruz’s effort was quite a bit more than “quixotic”……..it has had an effect and it has been absolutely necessary…….

williamg on September 25, 2013 at 10:48 AM

williamg on September 25, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Its effect was to make conservatives feel good. Nowhere is that more evident than with you.

gryphon202 on September 25, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Too bad there aren’t primaries to let us choose our own bloggers.

bluegill on September 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM

There are, it’s called frequenting other sites instead.

I used to feel privileged that I’d managed to snag a membership here. Now…well I’ll let you finish the rest of that sentence.

Cylor on September 25, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Top Pick

Will they stay or will they go?

Top Pick

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus