Green Room

Finally: The poetry of Kermit Gosnell

posted at 3:01 pm on September 24, 2013 by

Insisting that he is “spiritually innocent,” convicted murderer Kermit Gosnell defends himself and the practice of murdering babies born alive during his incompetent abortions in an upcoming interview with Philadelphia magazine.  Why was Gosnell prosecuted for the murders, when all he wanted to do was wage “a war against poverty” by killing poor children?  Too many Catholics in the Philly PD, Gosnell claims (via Andrew Johnson at The Corner):

Gosnell contends he is “innocent” of the charges against him, laying out complicated—and not particularly credible—reasons he should have been found not guilty. When Volk asked him if he was actually referring to his own sense of “spiritual innocence,” Gosnell responded, “Yes.”

Gosnell said he considers his conviction to have been motivated by religion and politics. “I have come to believe that the presumption of guilt was compounded by religious convictions,” Gosnell said. “ … Were you aware that Seth [Williams, Philadelphia’s district attorney] was an altar boy? Did you know of the strong Catholic presence in the homicide division?”

Speaking of religion, Gosnell believes he was on a mission from God to eliminate poverty, apparently in the most direct way possible:

Speaking exclusively to Philadelphia magazine writer Steve Volk for a new magazine article and e-book, Gosnell—who was convicted in May of snipping the necks of babies born alive during abortion procedures in his West Philadelphia clinic—believes he was serving the best interests of his community and the women who came to him. “In an ideal world,” he said, “we’d have no need for abortion. But bringing a child into the world when it cannot be provided for, that there are not sufficient systems to support, is a greater sin. I considered myself to be in a war against poverty, and I feel comfortable with the things I did and the decisions I made.”

But enough of this mundane chatter about life, souls, and poverty. Let’s meet Kermit Gosnell, Poet Laureate for the abortion industry:

Abortion Providers
Their Societies …
So Many
Without Sufficient Support
Stumble Into Drugs
Into Crime
Into Mental Illness
Into Institutions … And …
Languish in Jails …

… so let’s kill ‘em all first? How compassionate! And healing!

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Relative, especially when you’re your own religion. Autolatry.

He’s not alone however in his view, it’s just that those who share his view cannot come to terms with reality – it hurts – so they willingly contradict themselves.

Ariel Castro’s opinions on his own actions were along a similar vein vis-a-vis relative justification/innocence of their own actions.

Every child a wanted child… unless you don’t, and then it’s okay to kill it, except when it’s born… unless we’re talking theory or can figure a way to whitewash it so we’re not confronted with reality…

Sickening and yet unsurprising.

Logus on September 24, 2013 at 4:13 PM

The logical conclusion to this philosophy is to simply kill ALL poor and unfortunate individuals, unborn or otherwise. Their argument is built on nothing less.

somewhatconcerned on September 24, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I’ve seen similar statements made again and again by pro-choice friends on Facebook–that abortion is actually the more compassionate choice because without it there would be so many more unwanted, poverty-stricken, etc., etc., etc., children in the world living miserable, etc., etc., etc., lives. One went so far as to say that children today must feel safer and more loved than ever because they know from the fact that they are alive that they were wanted.

Twisted. Truly twisted.

butterflies and puppies on September 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I’ll kill your baby
And then I’ll kill you

steebo77 on September 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM

How do I kill thee? Let me count the ways.

steebo77 on September 24, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Two babies emerged in a filthy “clinic,”
And sorry I could not kill both

steebo77 on September 24, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Hole – Doll Parts

I am doll eyes, doll mouth, doll legs
I am doll arms, big veins, dog beg
Yeah they really want you, they really want you, they really do
Yeah they really want you, they really want you, well I do too

I want to be the girl with the most cake
I love him so much it just turns to hate
I fake it so real I am beyond fake

And someday you will ache like I ache
Someday you will ache like I ache
Someday you will ache like I ache
Someday you will ache like I ache
Someday you will ache like I ache

I am doll parts, bad skin, doll heart
It stands for knife, for the rest of your life
Yeah they really want you, they really want you, they really do
Yeah she really wants you, she really wants you, well I did too

I want to be the girl with the most cake
He only loves those things because he loves to see them break
I fake it so real, I am beyond fake

And someday you will ache like I ache
Someday you will ache like I ache
And someday you will ache like I ache
Someday you will ache like I ache
Someday you will ache like I ache

Someday you will ache like I ache
And someday you will ache like I ache
Someday you will ache like I ache
Someday you will ache like I ache
Someday you will ache like I ache

Fallon on September 24, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I could cry.

Axe on September 24, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I won’t though. I’ll just go beat something up.

Axe on September 24, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Not Physicians, Oathed To Heal

The Hippocratic Oath expressly rejects abortive “remedies”. Oh, but I’m sure he adhered to the Hippocratic Pinky Promise for Liberals or whatever they call it.

JeremiahJohnson on September 25, 2013 at 1:23 PM