The most awesome prank ever — or just a PR blitz?
posted at 3:44 pm on September 17, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
It has to be at least in the running for the title. The video has over 700,000 viewings in the one day since it got posted, and plenty of beer enthusiasts should drive that number out of sight in no time. But is this really on the level?
The prank, which was recorded by 14 cameras planted around the target’s Auckland home, involved the friends enlisting the help of brewer Tui to reconnect the house’s entire plumbing system so the taps would dispense beer instead of water, ninemsn.com reported Tuesday. …
A Tui spokesman said the idea was put forward by the group of friends, who had the professional experience to rig the home’s plumbing.
“It was an idea that was put up by Tui and they knew friends of friends of people that worked at Tui,” he said. “They’re all legit mates and they are constantly playing pranks on each other so it was a match made in heaven.”
I smell a marketing strategy more than a prank, but YMMV.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation