Green Room

Zimmerman should be arrested… Shellie Zimmerman

posted at 6:48 am on September 10, 2013 by

Yesterday my Twitter timeline was all abuzz with excited liberals and gun grabbers chirping away with hyperbolic links and proclamations regarding George Zimmerman. The madman was threatening his wife with a gun, punching her father in the face and all manner of mayhem.

George Zimmerman allegedly threatened family members with a gun!

Zimmerman can’t keep his a** out of jail!

Zimmerman arrested for threatening his wife with a gun!

What a great story, eh? Great for anti-2nd Amendment folks who still feel a deep craving to punish George Zimmerman for something… anything … after their hearts were broken by a court of law.. And this certainly looked like the vindication they’d been hoping for. Except for one little problem: virtually nothing in those headlines was true.

Deputy Police Chief Colin Morgan said officers did not recover a gun, and Bracknell said Shellie Zimmerman later dropped her claim that a gun was involved.

“Domestic violence can’t be invoked because she has changed her story and says she didn’t see a firearm,” Bracknell said.

The dispute “was between him and his wife and her father,” Morgan said. “There were some allegations that there had been an assault, but we could not confirm any of it.”

But at least there was a gun, right? I mean, the guy always has a gun… right officers?

“Nobody saw a gun,” said Officer Zach Hudson. “We did not find a gun on his body. We did not find a gun in the house. As of right now, there is no gun.”

Actually, his lawyer is saying he did have it, but it was under his shirt and stayed there. The police may still search his truck. But if true, nobody saw it and the wife has recanted the claim. And Zimmerman was never “arrested.” He was placed in “investigative detention” for questioning while officials investigated the events at the house where the soon to be divorced couple were found.

But this is why Shellie – not George – Zimmerman should be arrested. This is a major case of abuse of the 9-1-1 system and recklessly placing lives in danger. When police receive a call on the emergency line, they can respond in any number of ways depending on what the report entails. It’s just not as exciting if the caller says,

George is over here yelling at me and my dad! And he wants to take the Revere Ware non-stick cooking set. (Which was a present I might add.) And he’s being a real jerk.

Having a few cops in the family, I can tell you what happens when that call comes in. The cops roll their eyes, look at each other, shrug, and drive on over to toss a metaphorical bucket of cold water on the feuding couple until things calm down. But things are very, very different when this call comes in:

George is over here threatening my father and me with a gun!

Now the situation changes. The police are on edge. They call for backup. They show up in force, weapons drawn, wary to protect not only the innocent hostages, but their own lives. A misinterpreted gesture or movement later and people can wind up dead. This isn’t the kind of lie that you should just be able to say to a 9-1-1 operator because you’re angry with the guy you are divorcing and then wander off with a “my bad” later on.

Shellie Zimmerman has already confessed to lying about this. Charges should be filed.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Throw the book at her. She knew what she was doing.

bluegill on September 10, 2013 at 7:14 AM

These sorts of allegations by women are all too common. Prosecutors, urged on by Women’s groups have constantly and consistently believed all manner of lies told by women who feel aggreived, or are involved in the loss of a relationship.

It’s also not unknown, because I have overheard it, for a lawyer to “wink wink” ask his client if she’d been battered, or threatened, and that such a thing might be useful in a divorce case.

One of my friends was going through a divorce, and it was quite likely that he was going to gain full custody of their children, as well as keep the house and land. His wife decided to pad the odds and started hurting herself with the free weights at the gym, in the hopes of generating bruises and then being able to claim he had attacked her. Fortunately, her little scheme was discovered, and cameras in the gym showed her hurting herself.

I’d suggest that Mrs Zimmerman is trying anything and everything to gain the upper hand in this divorce case, and since it fits into the agenda of the leftists and/or feminist groups, it’ll get full coverage.

But in this case, she’s been shown to be not truthful, and as a result, ought to be charged with making a false statement and of misuse of the 911 system.

Prosecuting women when they do these sorts of things is the only way to put a halt to it.

TKindred on September 10, 2013 at 7:31 AM

TKindred on September 10, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Best take I’ve seen on this story, since it broke. Kudos.

It will take some time for the WHOLE truth to come out, but your suggestion does seem the most likely.

listens2glenn on September 10, 2013 at 8:04 AM

She should absolutely be arrested. Also, her request for him to be required to carry life insurance with her as the beneficiary is insane. No Way!

TXMomof3 on September 10, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Typical white Hispanics.

The first clue that this story had a lot more to it than the headlines indicated yesterday was the fact that George Zimmerman had not been arrested.

NotCoach on September 10, 2013 at 8:06 AM

TXMomof3 on September 10, 2013 at 8:04 AM

After seeing this little display by her I would be concerned, if I were him, that she is going to personally cash in the policy, if you know what I mean.

NotCoach on September 10, 2013 at 8:07 AM

NOT THE REVERE WARE!

Shy Guy on September 10, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Throw the book at her.

bluegill on September 10, 2013 at 7:14 AM

OK. Throw the Revere Ware at her. Much better!

heh

Shy Guy on September 10, 2013 at 8:13 AM

NotCoach on September 10, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Either that or tip someone off on where he is.

TXMomof3 on September 10, 2013 at 8:18 AM

You knew the train wreck was coming when she took up low information journalism’s offer of 15 minutes of fame, and proceeded to air her dirty laundry.

I’m not going to blame here, though. I have no idea what it’s like to be in the cross hairs of a low information nation. As such I can’t say when or if I would crack under such strain. She does have some issues, though, that need to be worked through.

MNHawk on September 10, 2013 at 8:57 AM

You left out a few details …

George Zimmerman was accompanied by a bodyguard. Both the bodyguard and George Zimmerman suggested to investigating officers that they review the videos from the surveillance cameras covering both the outside and the inside of the house.

There may be a lot of hard evidence to make this an open & shut case of lying on the 911 call by Shellie Zimmerman as part of a plan to give her an “domestic abuse” edge in the divorce and to disarm George Zimmerman if possible on domestic violence charges.

Book her, Danno.

PolAgnostic on September 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Can I have a link that says she confessed to lying?

They are covering this story right now on CNN and they said she stands by her 911 call but decided not to press charges. Typical domestic abuse…woman changes her mind because she loves him. George’s lawyer is speaking now and he did not say it was not true. He just said the stress of the spotlight can cause chaos.

stingray9813 on September 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I first saw this (false) story in the daily-mail, yesterday. I also heard it on the radio in Toronto.

I doubt the true story will make it as far …

Zimmerman is a useful propaganda tool world-wide.

gh on September 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Shellie’s next meeting with her probation officer should be very painful for her. Instead of a years probation she might spend it in jail instead.

meci on September 10, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Interesting that her own father has been on George’s side, evidently. There’s a big clue as to how/why this break is occurring.

GWB on September 10, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I heard this on every news outlet. We’ll see how many retractions there are today. I’m guessing like…..none.

Red Creek on September 10, 2013 at 10:02 AM

changer1701 on September 10, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Does anyone have a link to her confessing she lied?

stingray9813 on September 10, 2013 at 10:18 AM

“George Zimmerman needs to take a vacation for awhile…clearly, the two of them need the time apart.”

Oh? Really?. Why is it that George needs to take a vacation and not Shellie?

soghornetgunner on September 10, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I bet she called him told him he could pick up the cookware then said no you can’t take it just to set him up.

Patricksp on September 10, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I take it there is no such link.

stingray9813 on September 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM

You would be incorrect, Stingray

The_Livewire on September 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM

You would be incorrect, Stingray

Sorry but I don’t see anything in that article that says she admits she lied and he didn’t hit her dad and pat his shirt saying to come closer. All I read is that she decided not to file charges. She admitted in the interview that the reason for divorce was domestic abuse…typical lady…dropping charges.

stingray9813 on September 10, 2013 at 6:27 PM

USA Today is saying tonight that police might file charges against him even though the wife does not want to file charges.

stingray9813 on September 10, 2013 at 8:56 PM

After answering the 20th media call of the afternoon, Chief Steve Bracknell told a Los Angeles reporter what he really thought of the man acquitted in the killing of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin.

“Man, it would be fantastic if you have an apartment out there [in California] for George Zimmerman,” Bracknell said. “This guy is killing me.”

stingray9813 on September 10, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Mark O’Mara quits, gives parting advice to George Zimmerman: ‘Pay me’

stingray9813 on September 11, 2013 at 4:20 PM