Green Room

Update on Jim Hoft

posted at 9:53 am on September 9, 2013 by

Mike Flynn at Breitbart gives us the latest status on Gateway Pundit’s indefatigable Jim Hoft, a good friend of all of us who’s currently in critical condition after surgery for a cardiac issue:

First, this is not a remembrance. Although Jim Hoft remains in critical condition in a St. Louis hospital, he, fortunately, is still planted firmly on this mortal coil. I write with the full confidence that he will make a full recovery. Right now, however, the man is enduring his own private hell. You may not immediately know the name Jim Hoft, but some part of our present world has been shaped by his work as an activist and through his blog, Gateway Pundit. …

He is surrounded by friends and family. He has a friend, Andrea Ryan, who has stepped up to keep the Gateway Pundit site active while he is recovering. We at Breitbart, and others in the conservative on-line world, have done what we can to help this effort. We can’t replicate Hoft, but we can help keep things going until he returns to the fight. And, we need him to return.

A year and a half ago, we lost Andrew. Six months ago we lost my childhood friend, Chip Gerdes, who organized that Tea Party event and late-night conference calls that brought together activists from around the country. Last month, we almost lost Jim Hoft.

God speed to Hoft in his recovery. There aren’t many of us. We need you back in the fight.

Keep checking in at Gateway Pundit, and at Breitbart.  I’m reminded of old Midwestern farming communities, where neighbors would tend fields for the sick and afflicted until they regained their health, just to make sure that the family didn’t lose their farm.  Kudos to our friends at Breitbart, and let’s hope Jim is back on the beam quickly.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I hate hearing he is still in critical condition, he always seems invincible. I’m putting my prayers into overdrive.

Cindy Munford on September 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Sending my prayers for a speedy recovery for Jim Hoft also.

Mini-14 on September 9, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Prayers going up for Jim.

Ward Cleaver on September 9, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Praying for Jim and skill and wisdom for the Doctors that are treating him.

bluefox on September 9, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I understand the need for privacy and,sadly, security but I wish we could know where is. I’m a repiratory therapist here in St. Louis and I know where I would be most comfortable having Jim under care….. My prayers will have to do for now….

TBinSTL on September 9, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Man this is crazy. Jim was in great spirits a few weekends back. Then the next week he was in surgery. WTF?

For those who have never met Jim Hoft, first thing you’ll do when you meet him is look up, literally. He’s a tall guy and very polite. But he kicks major butt.

He’ll be back in the saddle soon.

Longtime Listener on September 9, 2013 at 1:37 PM

A knee replacement resulted in an infection that caused heart valve damage.

In this case, the hospital is to blame.
First the infection and then not catching it early.

Such problems can happen easily. Even oral bacteria can enter the bloodstream can cause heart valve damage.

It’s a dangerous world out there – just wait till “O care” kicks in fully.

The rich Saudis still come to the Cleveland Clinic for major surgery.

Our Pro-ball teems suck but both of our hospital systems are tops.

esblowfeld on September 9, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Praying for Jim Hoft. Thanks for posting this, Ed. Gateway Pundit is such an excellent blog. I hope he is back at the helm soon.

Fallon on September 9, 2013 at 3:32 PM