Green Room

’2 Million Bikers’ ready to roll into DC on 9/11

posted at 1:44 pm on September 9, 2013 by

ICYMI, a few weeks ago I wrote about ’2 Million Bikers to DC,’ a group planning to counter the “Million Muslim March” on 9/11. After being denied a permit, the bikers are on their way to the Nation’s Capitol anyway to pay their respects to the armed forces and to those who lost their lives on 9/11 12 years ago.

H/T Twitchy

I for one am looking forward to these guys being around on Wednesday. Here are the plans:

photo BIkers_zpseb5ca7d7.jpg

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I wish I were one of the two million bikers. This year, however, I chose to stock up on firearms.

But there’s always next year!

Turtle317 on September 9, 2013 at 1:53 PM

FU*KING A YEAH!!

ToddPA on September 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Damn, wish I could join them. HIGH FIVE!!

Midas on September 9, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I’m hearing “convoy” on my head

jaywemm on September 9, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Oops should be…in my head

jaywemm on September 9, 2013 at 2:13 PM

The cousin marrying seventh century Satan worshippers must be shitting themselves.

Murphy9 on September 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Go Strong!!! We are with ya.

NJ Red on September 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I hate these “X million-anything” events, as only a small fraction of that number will actually show up.

As of 2012, there were about 9M motorcycles registered in the U.S.

Are we suppose to believe that 22% of them will show up in D.C. on Sept 11?

Far better for the promoters to call it something like “The 9/11 Memorial Ride on Washington” and have fifty thousand show up and gridlock the city, rather than call for two million and have only 50K appear (2.5% of 2M, BTW).

The left would call the former a success, but the latter, a failure to motivate.

Reno_Dave on September 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM

2 million bikers vs. the 2 dozen Muslim 9/11 truthers scheduled to show up should be short, messy and highly entertaining.

Alberta_Patriot on September 9, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Some of the bikers must already be here, we live right off the beltway and the hubs and I heard them rolling by yesterday afternoon. It was awesome to listen to that rumble for so long!

hollygolightly on September 9, 2013 at 2:33 PM

As of 2012, there were about 9M motorcycles registered in the U.S.

Are we suppose to believe that 22% of them will show up in D.C. on Sept 11?

Reno_Dave on September 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Cry into your Wheaties homo.

Murphy9 on September 9, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Reno_Dave on September 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM

So only these guys are required to have the requisite title number show up?

Cindy Munford on September 9, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I want to see the video – 2 million (or however many show up) HOGs face to face with a bunch of swineophobic Muslims.
Sounds like fun!!!!

dentarthurdent on September 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Reno_Dave on September 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Even if it’s 50,000 HOGs against 200,000 Muslims – I’ll put my money on the HOGs.

dentarthurdent on September 9, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Reno_Dave on September 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM

…Ok!

Akzed on September 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM

They should each put a drop of bacon grease in their crankcases so the Musloids will be breathing hogs as well as seeing and hearing them.

Akzed on September 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Akzed on September 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Perhaps a pig roast on the Capitol Mall lawn….
Along with some good old American hospitality – offer all the Muslims a nice pulled pork sandwich….

dentarthurdent on September 9, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Great…we’ll be fed infomercials all day (“nothing to see here but Keith Olberman will be selling Shamwows…AND if you order now…”).

This somehow gives me some hope that the country is still alive and well.

teejk on September 9, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Cry into your Wheaties homo.

Murphy9 on September 9, 2013 at 2:49 PM

It’s all about marketing.

We conservatives have been making fun of the Million Man March since 1995, and the Million Mom March (Mother’s Day, 2000) because neither came close to 1M in attendance, and IIRC, each of those was in the works for nearly a year.

I don’t want the left pointing at this, and saying it was a failure.

The planning for this ride was only started in the last couple of months, so how advanced could it be at this point, with a couple of days to go?

Heck, as best as I can determine, even the week long annual rally in Sturgis, South Dakota attracts less than 500K, and that’s a big, big deal in the biker community.

Reno_Dave on September 9, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Reno_Dave on September 9, 2013 at 3:23 PM

They’ll call it a failure if 3 million show. Just sit back and enjoy K?

katy the mean old lady on September 9, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Weird. The Hot Air logo is covering the top of the dialogue box. Oh well, I am not responsible for typos at the top of my post, lol.

Hubby said we could leave tomorrow and still make it there in time to ride. I don’t know. I have a fear of getting stuck in the rain somewhere, lol. My hair…

Obviously, I am not a seasoned (sit on the back of the bike) rider. Hubby has a customized 2000 Road King that daughter named “Elvis.” :-)

Fallon on September 9, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I’m up for making BLT sandwiches to go…

Fallon on September 9, 2013 at 3:42 PM

OT ~ Katie, congrats on the successful fundraiser. Seven days to go and you have collected almost double of the original goal amount. Kudos!

Fallon on September 9, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Fallon on September 9, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Go. If not, have hubby pick me up at 666 Old Bat Lane
Geezerville, Fl.
I still have my harness racing helmet and waterproof mascara.

katy the mean old lady on September 9, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Fallon on September 9, 2013 at 3:40 PM

You should go. I have a friend who can actually sleep on the back of her husband’s bike. Not me. If I was in VA I would be encouraging the Husband to take me.

Cindy Munford on September 9, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Cindy Munford on September 9, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Wanna rent a bike? A whole crew is leaving Pompano tomorrow. We can b there in 12 hrs.

katy the mean old lady on September 9, 2013 at 3:58 PM

It’s is just about the anniversary of King Jan Sobiesky assault to relieve Vienna from siege by the Muslims. Largest cavalry charge in history, 20,000 plus in one rush. Swept the Muslims out of Europe and back to their toilet. So It would be appropriate if just 20,000 plus bikers swept Washington clean of Islam. The Polish heavy cavalry wore feathered wings on their backs into battle, must of been a heck of a sight.

BL@KBIRD on September 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM

katy the mean old lady on September 9, 2013 at 3:58 PM

The Husband just sold his Road King but still has his Dyna. I can’t go, I am having floors put in the house and I am having a nervous break down.

Cindy Munford on September 9, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Fallon on September 9, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Thanks for linking that, I knew nothing about it and wouldn’t have had the opportunity to do my small bit. Really appreciate it.

Cindy Munford on September 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Cindy Munford on September 9, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Then you should get away and do something relaxing. The 12 hrs. allows for pit stops and a lovely dinner in Savannah.

katy the mean old lady on September 9, 2013 at 4:05 PM

BL@KBIRD on September 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM

It does my heart good to imagine the picture!

katy the mean old lady on September 9, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I still have my harness racing helmet and waterproof mascara.

katy the mean old lady on September 9, 2013 at 3:46 PM

You are a biker’s dream. I wish I was… :-(

LOL

Fallon on September 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM

katy the mean old lady on September 9, 2013 at 4:05 PM

It sounds wonderful but I am the only one here and I have to work tomorrow before the installation begins. I shouldn’t even be on the computer far too much to do and procrastinating is not the answer.

Cindy Munford on September 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM

F*****g awesomeness!

thejackal on September 9, 2013 at 4:11 PM

GOD SPEED, red white and blue Bikers!

you speak for a MULTITUDE of your compatriots

if you are there a day early, join the EXEMPT AMERICA March against Obamacare!

#BeClingers ———-> #AmericaRISING

**__**

exodus2011 on September 9, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Really appreciate it.

Cindy Munford on September 9, 2013 at 4:04 PM

No probs. I saw Miss Katie in Indianapolis at the Smart Girl Politics Summit. She looks like a sweet little girl but she is fearless, funny and wicked smart. Glad she is on our side. :-)

Fallon on September 9, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Fallon on September 9, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Look at it this way. Whatever you look like when you get there, you will still look better than Hillary.

katy the mean old lady on September 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Well, I’m off the hook. Hubby just called and said we can’t go. Something to do with “having to work”. Sheesh. I acted all disappointed. Darnit, honey, I really wanted to go, but inside I’m thinking, Whew!

We are going to see if there are any local rides that day. See, it all worked out for the best (for me).

I know, hardcore bikers, go ahead and hate me. It looks so cool to be part of a HUGE ride, but it truly makes me nervous… and then, there’s my hair… ;-)

Fallon on September 9, 2013 at 4:19 PM

you will still look better than Hillary.

katy the mean old lady on September 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I think you could throw me off the bike a few times on a gravel road in a hailstorm and that would be true, lol. (No, I am not advocating violence to women, just stating a hyperbolic fact.)

Fallon on September 9, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Reno_Dave on September 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM

A sincere apology to Ms. Pavlich but f*ck the left.
God speed.

onomo on September 9, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Reno_Dave on September 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Oooh, are you one of the 12-yr old boys that Vegas_Harry is into?

Nutstuyu on September 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM

left would call the former a success, but the latter, a failure to motivate.

Reno_Dave on September 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Do you think the left would EVER admit to being impressed?

CW on September 9, 2013 at 6:13 PM

BL@KBIRD on September 9, 2013

It will be the 330th anniversary of this battle on 9/11/13!

jtgun on September 9, 2013 at 6:20 PM

BL@KBIRD on September 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Ernst Rüdiger Graf von Starhemberg, commander of the Viennese garrison, strapped a broad belt around his white coat before the battle. After the battle, when he removed the belt there was a broad white band between two blood red ones. This has been the Austrian flag ever since.

Tyrone Slothrop on September 9, 2013 at 6:31 PM

As of 2012, there were about 9M motorcycles registered in the U.S.

Are we suppose to believe that 22% of them will show up in D.C. on Sept 11?

Reno_Dave on September 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Hah. If eight guys on Vespas show up, the Right will claim a crowd of 3 million riders, kind of like they did for that 9/12 March a few years back.

I’m pretty sure this event will pass virtually and deservedly unremarked.

urban elitist on September 9, 2013 at 6:57 PM

urban elitist on September 9, 2013 at 6:57 PM

They do it every year and it is an awesome sight. Don’t be jealous, these guys do some great work as Patriot Guards against the Westboro Baptist Church at our heroes funerals.

Cindy Munford on September 9, 2013 at 7:03 PM

they did for that 9/12 March a few years back.
I’m pretty sure this event will pass virtually and deservedly unremarked.
urban elitist on September 9, 2013 at 6:57 PM

speaking about piss and wheaties…

Murphy9 on September 9, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I will be interested to see exactly what sort of “Muslims” show up at the Million Muslim March.

My guess is about half or more will be progressives who are entirely non-Muslim, but want to show “solidarity” with their “brothers”.

And they will no doubt be doing most of the actual speech-making.

A march of 1,000,000 fundamentalist Muslim men would very likely be entirely different. Between attacking women for not wearing burkas, attacking anyone they suspected of being a Jew, and defacing anything that remotely looked like a statue (in accordance with the Qu’ran’s prohibition on such artworks), a better term might be the “Million Islamic Rage Boy Riot”.

Exactly how Capitol PD would react considering the orders they have no doubt already been given, would also be interesting to see.

And yes, I expect they are under orders to be as non-accomodating to anyone on a hog as possible on Wednesday. Considering this;

Bikers denied no-stop permit for 9/11 rally through D.C. but will ride anyway- Washington Times

clear ether

eon

eon on September 9, 2013 at 9:27 PM

When have bikers ever really cared about rules?
Salute