Green Room

Jack Nicholson is pro-life

posted at 1:56 pm on September 6, 2013 by

Who knew. More from CNSNews:

Hollywood legend Jack Nicholson, 76, who is retiring from movies it was reported today, is, unlike many liberals in Tinseltown, a staunch pro-lifer who said in a 1984 interview about abortion, “I’m positively against it. I don’t have the right to any other view.”

He added that it was the moral character of his mother and grandmother that ensured he himself had not been aborted.

Amen.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Martin Sheen too, his wife was the product of a rape pregnancy.

vegconservative on September 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Not surprising. There are actually some prominent actors in Hollywood who are staunchly pro-life despite being flaming lefties on many other issues. Martin Sheen and Kate Mulgrew for example.

Doughboy on September 6, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Good on Colonel Jessup. Pro-deathers “can’t handle the truth.”

22044 on September 6, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Didn’t Jack Nicholson lend his house out to Roman Polanski to rape that kid?

portlandon on September 6, 2013 at 2:25 PM

How easily Hollywood forgets that Jack Nicholson was an born an orphan. And that might have some impetus on his decisions.

Jack Deth on September 6, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Didn’t Jack Nicholson lend his house out to Roman Polanski to rape that kid?

portlandon on September 6, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I don’t think you can blame Nicholson for what Roman Polanski did. They knew each other from working together on Chinatown a few years earlier and Nicholson let him stay at his house. He wasn’t even in town when it happened.

Doughboy on September 6, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Combined with the report two days ago about Nicholson retiring for acting, I’m sure this story will bring out some compassionate liberal snark about Alzheimer’s in the various comments sections…

jon1979 on September 6, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Geeze, my fave actors are gettin up there man. Hackman, Nickolson, Eastwood.

Makin me feel old man.

44Magnum on September 6, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Who gives a damn. He was always a nauseating, overrated actor. He supported Hillary for president. He can’t get “good” leading parts anymore. That’s why he’s retiring. I can believe he’s pro-life. He’s been an exploiter of women for decades and would be inclined to deny them the right to their own bodies.

rickv404 on September 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM

rickv404 on September 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Post was reasonable up to the last line, where you went off the rails.

I take it you believe women are, categorically, too stupid to associate their consensual fornication with its biologically functional conclusion of pregnancy.

Or are you just discriminatory against men – who are in societal terms responsible for a child from the very same moment of insemination.

I don’t think you’ve really thought this through…

BKennedy on September 6, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Doughboy on September 6, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Still, if I let a friend housesit for me, and he raped a girl under my roof, when I got home I’d invite him over one last time for the sole purpose of beating the ever living sh-t out of him.

CurtZHP on September 6, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Martin Sheen too, his wife was the product of a rape pregnancy.

vegconservative on September 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Yeah, Sheen is in favor of life in all cases, meaning he’s anti-abortion, anti-death penalty, and a complete pacifist when it comes to any war. While he’s far left for many issues, and I can’t say I agree with him very often (except regarding abortion), I do have to have some respect the consistency of his philosophy.

Gingotts on September 6, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Saying you’re pro-life while always voting for pro-abortion people means you’re pro-abortion.

Flange on September 6, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Martin Sheen too, his wife was the product of a rape pregnancy.

vegconservative on September 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM

The death penalty and abortion are towo very different topics.
Abortion kills the innocent, to the benefit of the guilty. The death penalty kills the guilty to the benefit of the survivors.

krome on September 6, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I thought it was the golfer at first.

Bmore on September 6, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Flange on September 6, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Agreed.

pannw on September 6, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Does the baby have a right to its own body? Just sayin’

Galtian on September 6, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I’m happy to learn that Nicholson is pro-life and surprised to read that that view of his is life-long held. Having worked with/for him in the past, he’s a kind man in my view.

BUT, Nicholson, like others who say they are pro-life, is a huuuuge Democrat. He’s a big donor to the DNC, he’s active in the DNC, he’s a huuuuge Democrat. So there is dissonance there, something that doesn’t ‘work’…

I’ve had a frustrating effort at conversation with a few Democrats who claim to be pro-life, and who are quite Catholic in all senses of the word and theology EXCEPT as to their silent consent if not outright support of abortion via the Democratic Party and other Democrat politicians.

I ask them how they can even associate with the DNC and be pro-life, ask them how they can be a Democrat, vote for one, if and as they claim to be Catholic yet then there is the party platform of the DNC: the two are utterly opposed on many issues to one another.

I never get a cogent reply. I always see on these Democrats an irritated, frustrated facial expression, eventually they leave the room or wherever we’re talking in frustration but without ever answering or explaining their disconnect of ethics.

So I’m really pleased that Nicholson is pro-life, as also Sheen who someone else mentioned above, but, these are “flaming Democrats” in the sense that they’re very, very, very much involved in pushing, promoting and funding the DNC. And the DNC is very, very, very much involved in pushing, promoting and funding abortion. Among other things.

Lourdes on September 6, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Flange on September 6, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Agreed.

pannw on September 6, 2013 at 6:03 PM

DITTO.

Lourdes on September 6, 2013 at 11:59 PM

The fact that Nicholson said 29 years ago that he was pro-life doesn’t necessarily mean that he still holds those views. If he had been worn down by peer pressure from his Hollywood friends over the last few decades, I would be disappointed but I definitely wouldn’t be surprised.

J.S.K. on September 7, 2013 at 1:18 AM

I don’t think he was an orphan. He was the child of his big sister but was raised as her sibling by his grandmother, a fact which I think was not revealed until after she died.

2L8 on September 7, 2013 at 7:48 AM

rickv404 on September 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM

More likely he believes they have every right and a moral duty to protect their own bodies but having failed to do so they don’t have the right to exterminate the body of a being which by nature and natural law they should be protecting. I hope this helps you.

Basilsbest on September 7, 2013 at 7:56 AM

“I’m positively against it. I don’t have the right to any other view.”

I really like the 2nd half of this statement. We all were fortunate to be born why does anyone get to say that a baby dies?

Flange on September 6, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Yep. Many Catholics make me want to hurl.

would be inclined to deny them the right to their own bodies.

rickv404 on September 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Such a tired comment. Don’t worry nobody’s going to stop you from stuffing the sausage. What is it with gay men and their love for killing others? Hate yourselves that much?

CW on September 7, 2013 at 8:10 AM

. I hope this helps you.

Basilsbest on September 7, 2013 at 7:56 AM

There’s no help for that one..but great post and much more eloquent than me. Most homosexual men have something wrong with them….it must be part of the package when they’re dealt that card. If they find the genetic code they’ll be designer morning after pills for the affliction.

CW on September 7, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Doughboy on September 6, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Nicholson’s girlfriend at the time, the actress Angelica Huston, was in town at the time of the rape and in fact, IIRC, she came home while the girl was still in the house. Huston, instead of helping the girl, pulled a Whoopi Goldberg and basically took the position that the girl was asking for it. Huston did everything she could to help Polanski beat the charges. She’s almost as loathesome as he is.

AZCoyote on September 7, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Whaa, whaa, whaa…….
You Jack haters must have forgotten to take your cranberry juice.

FlaMurph on September 7, 2013 at 8:39 PM