Green Room

Chris Christie: I choose my wife over Rand Paul

posted at 1:58 pm on September 3, 2013 by

Good lord. Is this nonsense still going on?

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

You’re back!

Blake on September 3, 2013 at 2:03 PM

He may be physically large but he is one of the smallest men I’ve ever seen.

gophergirl on September 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Chris Christie: I choose my wife over Rand Paul

Uh, so what is Christie’s excuse for “choosing” obama over his wife, on multiple occasions?

Seriously though, Rand Paul would do well to stay as far away as possible from obama’s obnoxious hog puppet.

Pork-Chop on September 3, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I’m glad this is happening, because Christie is showing a petty, small side that is decidedly unpresidential. I hope he wins in NJ in November, but he can (and should) stay there.

Throat Wobbler Mangrove on September 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Well good for you fatty. I think that’s a pretty smart choice considering your rather rotund mature. Not many woman would find that attractive. Hang onto the one that does.

NotCoach on September 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM

So juvenile. So immature. He can’t just say he won’t be here because he is celebrating his wife’s birthday, he has to make some obnoxious comment.

Rose on September 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I’m sure Christie would show if you promised him 20 boxes of Krispy Kremes.

steebo77 on September 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Well “uniter” will not be on his platform, unless you’re talking about RINOs and Democrats uniting.

btw-I love that Hot Air added RINO to autocorrect. Saves so much time when typing.

conservative pilgrim on September 3, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Rose on September 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I don’t get how this guy has any appeal outside of NY/NJ. The last thing we need after 8 years of Obama is an even bigger narcissist.

Fezzik on September 3, 2013 at 2:36 PM

So taking off work on a workday is more important than trying to get a fellow Republican elected to the US Senate. Got it. If Christie is ever on a ballot I have the chance to vote on, I’ll be sure to use the reasoning recommended by Christie himself.

Fenris on September 3, 2013 at 2:40 PM

This is a choice of Rand Paul over his wife? If his wife needs to be brought into this, wouldn’t a more accurate comparison be his wife or Steve Lonegan? Who he is supposedly supporting?

besser tot als rot on September 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM

… Who he is supposedly supporting?

besser tot als rot on September 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I think we all know who he would like to support. But he hasn’t switched parties. Yet.

Fenris on September 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM

get over yourself, christie. you really aren’t this incredibly amazing person you think you are. please realize that.

Sachiko on September 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM

And I bet your wife would choose Rand Paul over you fatso.

bw222 on September 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Maybe Christie is just too fat to have dinner with Rand Paul in public. Maybe he can’t walk very far on his own power and has to ride one of those fat-scooters around everywhere and can’t venture out far in public without his secret becoming known. If he walks too far he’s liable to collapse into a big blob of quivering jelly.

FloatingRock on September 3, 2013 at 3:24 PM

FloatingRock on September 3, 2013 at 3:24 PM

You jest, but that’s a real possibility. Just standing around shaking hands for half an hour is probably very taxing for him.

Fenris on September 3, 2013 at 3:31 PM

His wife would probably be glad to have a rest.

steebo77 on September 3, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Do you realize how many well-intentioned people this man has hospitalized? Everytime he goes to the Jersey Shore scores of beachgoers try to push him back into the water to send him back to his pod.Understandable mistake-the guy’s mouth definitely resembles a blowhole.The resulting epidemic of hernias is sorely stressing the area hospitals’ capability to respond!

redware on September 3, 2013 at 3:52 PM

[Fezzik on September 3, 2013 at 2:36 PM]

A great point, Fezzik.

Dusty on September 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Does this guy not get that he comes off as having no class?

A typical RINO, who seems to believe his real enemies are conservatives…

blue13326 on September 3, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Does this guy not get that he comes off as having no class?

blue13326 on September 3, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Have you ever seen the show Jersey Shore? I admit that I haven’t seen it myself, but based on what I’ve heard about it, Christie seems to be in the right state.

FloatingRock on September 3, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Christie as the bully was fun when he was beating up nutty Democrats on the NJ political scene, but bullies beat up anyone they think they can. Now it’s just ugly.

22044 on September 3, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I think Chris has over played his hand here. he’s rendered himself absurd. He’s gone all Mavicky on us… so I’m going to ignore him until he calms down. And here after, I’m going to remember he has this tendency. If he doesn’t take himself seriously, I won’t take him seriously either.

Karmashock on September 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Glad to hear it! I’m going to be there, and would have seriously reconsidered if Christie was planning to come and take the spotlight.

ctmom on September 3, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Got news for you, Christie……….I’d choose my dog..

avagreen on September 3, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Yeah, just as I thought.

He’s already slated for an appearance at a Booker rally…

JohnGalt23 on September 3, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Did Christie have a date with his wife when Romney asked him to attend that Pennsylvania rally?

besser tot als rot on September 3, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Chris Christie: I choose my wife over Rand Paul

Does Christy’s wife get a vote on this?

HotAirian on September 3, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Chris Christie is an incredibly immature embarrassment. And why is he broadcasting his wife’s age over and over? Very rude.

bluegill on September 3, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Rose on September 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Fezzik on September 3, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Christie gained his appeal by very publically “facing down” the teacher’s unions, and most of the NJ dept of education.

We all loved him for that accomplishment. But now he’s gone over to “the Dark side”, and some are still hanging on to that image of him defeating the teacher’s unions.

For you and I, that ship has long sailed.

listens2glenn on September 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM

What a pompous ass.

I will not vote for this guy if he’s thrust upon us by the republicrats.

JannyMae on September 3, 2013 at 11:22 PM

For you and I, that ship has long sailed.

listens2glenn on September 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Speak for yourself. I had reason to believe from the start it was all for show. Christie is doing nothing more than confirming my suspicions now, just like Rubio did with the amnesty nonsense. We really need to stop with the “vote the bums out” baloney.

gryphon202 on September 4, 2013 at 7:27 AM

What was the question? Why does he have to choose anything? It must have been a stupid reporter question to illicit such a stupid answer.

BetseyRoss on September 4, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Regardless of our conservative leanings, we should all choose our wives over Rand Paul.

Christian Conservative on September 4, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Christie needs to learn some basic manners on how to decline an invitation gracefully or someone is going to knock that chip off his shoulder one of these days.

lea on September 4, 2013 at 1:20 PM