Green Room

On 50th anniversary, Trayvon Martin is just like MLK or something

posted at 10:55 am on August 28, 2013 by

According to NBC’s Frank Thorp, vendors are selling these t-shirts at today’s 50th anniversary celebration of Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech in Washington D.C. Just, no.

photo Screenshot2013-08-28at105804AM_zps8e80e2d2.png

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Why do liberals think this is a good time to reflect on why a hispanic Democrat supposedly racially profiled a black youth and why a black youth suspected that a hispanic man was a gay predator?

gwelf on August 28, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I think this is appropriate:

Miley Cyrus Doesn’t Have a ‘Race Problem’

While not about Martin, it does address the ‘jump the shark’ quality of today’s so called civil rights movement.

NotCoach on August 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM

gwelf on August 28, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Because leftists are insane.

jawkneemusic on August 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM

To equate the two is a disgrace. Blacks should be ashamed for this continued TM crap. Do they really and honestly want to have history connect them to a worthless thug like TM? Heck, I hate to say I can relate to liberals but, I’m kind of ashamed and disgusted for them and for the continued raising up in the MSM of all these black thugs lately. I would not want to be defined or represented by the likes of them. Yet the blacks seem to embrace them and I wonder why.

Dr. Frank Enstine on August 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Because leftists are insane.

jawkneemusic on August 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Anything for the cause.

Dr. Frank Enstine on August 28, 2013 at 11:09 AM

The irony is that people like libfreeordie will decry American understanding of it’s racial history yet actively supports and propagates the progressive tactic of equating everything it possibly can to the black civil rights struggle. When every struggle imaginable to liberals is equated with slavery, Jim Crow oppression and real institutional racism then you are actively diluting and destroying an honest understanding of the past.

gwelf on August 28, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Imagine that. All these years we thought MLK said “I have a dream.” Turns out he really said “I have some lean.”

Kafir on August 28, 2013 at 11:18 AM

man we have come a long way since Barbara Jordan gave the commencement speech at my sister’s high school graduation, btw that class of about 650 had maybe 30 blacks. The standing O was epic.

DanMan on August 28, 2013 at 11:20 AM

The way the Dems are playing a whole suit of race cards, I suspect they have found themselves with a melanin deficit on the ballots for at least the next couple of election cycles…

Sekhmet on August 28, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I’m so glad that we have reached the point where people like Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman are judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin.

Chris of Rights on August 28, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Chris of Rights on August 28, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Thread winner. Shut’er down.

The left loves to ignore the facts in favor of crating a Narrative and engaging in collective comparisons and judgments. You aren’t an individual but a representation of a particular collective and the collective you’re assigned to says more about who you are than who you really are. It’s the exact opposite of MLK’s dream.

gwelf on August 28, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I’m surprised the king family allows this

cmsinaz on August 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I’m surprised the king family allows this

cmsinaz on August 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Don’t be, the King family probably gets some of the $$$ from the proceeds.

They charged CNN & MSNBC thousands of dollars for them to air the 1963 speech.

sentinelrules on August 28, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I’m surprised the king family allows this

cmsinaz on August 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM

MLK III mentioned Trayvon in his recent remarks, so at least in sentiment part of the family supports this.

gwelf on August 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM

sentinelrules on August 28, 2013 at 11:45 AM
gwelf on August 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM

my bad
*shaking my head*

cmsinaz on August 28, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Trayvon was a Republican?

Who knew?

The War Planner on August 28, 2013 at 12:26 PM

I’m surprised Blacks are even into MLK. Afterall, doesn’t his Divinity Degree and Phd. mean he was “acting White”?

teacherman on August 28, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Horrible. Absolutely disgraceful. But that’s the Alinsky left. Time is much more appropriate for a Miley/Obama shirt. Hell a 2016 campaign button. Barry’s still eligible for VP isn’t he?
“Win all of Barry’s wars with two stupid whores”
Hey it’s crap but it’s their language. They’ll understand.

onomo on August 28, 2013 at 12:30 PM

content of character my ass, the left only sees color

burserker on August 28, 2013 at 12:48 PM

content of character my ass, the left only sees color

burserker on August 28, 2013 at 12:48 PM

That is the content of their character. If they had made it a Miley/MLK shirt it would have actually been alot less disgraceful
A prominent black leader compares conservative supreme court justices to KKK members. I would compare the liberal ones to the czar’s cossacks.
Given his content of character, it would seem our master has created a great and useful divide. I can’t wait for his next proclamation. Long live the master.

onomo on August 28, 2013 at 1:13 PM

We have exactly one national holiday named after a man, and that’s Martin Luther King Jr.

And they’re comparing him to a troubled teenager who died because he acted like a thug and attacked a man who happened to be armed.

Seriously, if that was really all that MLK stood for, then dedicating a national holiday to him was a huge mistake.

And if MLK stood for something more than the right to be a thug as long as your target is white, then comparing him to Trayvon Martin is a huge mistake.

You can’t have it both ways. Either MLK stands for something more than Trayvon Martin, or he’s no hero at all.

There Goes the Neighborhood on August 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM

They will eventually start to pay a price for equating not just MLK to TM but 1963 America to 2013 America.

Eventually it is just too dishonest to stand.

Conan on August 28, 2013 at 2:05 PM

There Goes the Neighborhood on August 28, 2013 at 1:36 PM

We have two. There is no such holiday as “President’s Day”.

GWB on August 28, 2013 at 2:26 PM

The content of Trayvon’s character was not allowed to be introduced at trial with good reason–he was a thug or a thug-in-training.

BuckeyeSam on August 28, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I’ve studied that old photo of MLK and in it he has an expression of tranquility and good will. It’s very telling that by combining it with Trayvon’s picture, they have managed to make him look hostile and thuggish. That, in a nutshell, is what contemporary black thug culture has done to his legacy.

factsonlypls on August 28, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Ah yes, the civil rights martyr, Trayvon Martin, whose untimely death stands as a tragic testament to this vital civil rights principle:

all would-be thugs, in choosing a random “white” stranger to assault and batter, better first make sure that whitey is not carrying.

AZCoyote on August 28, 2013 at 3:15 PM

MLK: I have a dream
TRAYVON MARTIN: I think this creepy ass cracka followin’ me.

TarheelBen on August 28, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Why aren’t there shirts of MLK in a hoodie?

MLK: I have a dream
TRAYVON MARTIN: I think this creepy ass cracka followin’ me.

TarheelBen on August 28, 2013 at 3:24 PM

with the hybrid quote “

I have a creepy ass cracka followin’ me.

A truly memorable quote for the ages… I think it’ll capture the essence of the Liberal party.

Ukiah on August 28, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Trayvon Martin and MLK both had a dream. MLK’s dream was a wonderful extrapolation of the possibilities of his children living in a race-neutral society. Travon’s dream, unfortunately, was to be the “No Limit Ni**a”, street fightin, drug dealin thug, according to his own Facebook page.

Yeah. Pretty similar.

BigAlSouth on August 28, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I’m surprised the king family allows this

cmsinaz on August 28, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Who says they allow it? I’m sure they get royalties, but the only people that the gangsta class treats worse than whites is supposed traitors.

Were they to publicly state “quit disgracing our grandpa’s heritage by comparing him to someone who couldn’t pick cotton without an instruction manual”, they would be in very real physical danger.

MelonCollie on August 29, 2013 at 1:49 AM