Scott Brown exploring presidential bid for some reason
posted at 5:47 pm on August 18, 2013 by Guy Benson
Former senator Scott Brown told supporters at the Iowa State Fair Sunday that he is “exploring a possible run” for president in 2016. Brown told CBS affiliate KCCI he is gauging interest in his “brand of politics.” The fair is a popular spot for politicians prior to throwing their hat into the presidential race.
Scott Brown ’16 would be the more charming, less conservative, less accomplished version of Jon Huntsman ’13. Good luck with that. I suspect many Righties were rooting hard for the guy against his utter disaster of an opponent in Massachusetts last year, but let’s face it: Brown’s “brand of politics” is best-suited for blue and blueish-purple constituencies. Does the former Senator actually believe he’s got a shot at the GOP nomination, or is he simply expanding his network and cultivating a fundraising base in advance of a more realistic run — say, for instance, here or even here?
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained