Hooters bans Filthy Filner
posted at 11:19 am on August 14, 2013 by Katie Pavlich
Bob Filner may still be the Mayor of San Diego, but he’s no longer welcome in Hooters restaurants throughout the city.
Four San Diego-area Hooters restaurants — known for waitresses who wear tight orange shorts and tank tops — have posted signs saying they will not serve San Diego Mayor Bob Filner, who is fighting allegations of sexual harassment.
All four locations are owned by Hootwinc, which operates Hooters eateries on the West Coast.
“This establishment recognizes that we all have political differences and we serve people from all walks of life,” according to a sign posted in the window of the downtown location on Market Street. “We also believe it is imperative for people to have standards. The mayor of San Diego will not be served in this establishment. We believe women should be treated with respect.”
It’s all about standards, people.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style
- Good news from Piers Morgan: Obama’s a perfect physical specimen