It’s International Left-Handed Day
posted at 2:17 pm on August 13, 2013 by Katie Pavlich
I’m left-handed, Erika Johnsen is left-handed, Michelle Malkin is left-handed and guess what? Today is International Left-Handed Day.
All year round, we fit in with home and office layouts designed for right-handers’ comfort – put up with doors, cookers, sinks, computer mice, keyboards and desks that are efficient for right-handers to work at, and hundreds of times every day we contort ourselves using back-to-front tools and gadgets that make us look clumsy and awkward in our efforts to make them to work…but not today! a
Are your kids left-handed? There’s a scholarship for that.
Celebrated in many sports, ignored by most product manufacturers, stereotyped as flaky or weird by a right-handed majority, left-handers can find recognition and financial assistance for their education at Juniata College, a small, liberal-arts college in Huntingdon.
Juniata’s left-handed scholarship, worth $1,000 to $1,500 a year to studious southpaws, was established by the late Mary Francis Beckley, a former Juniata student, with a bequest of $24,000. More than 40 left-leaning Juniata students have taken advantage of the scholarship since its inception in 1979.
And yes I know, Barack Obama is also left-handed, but so was Ronald Reagan.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation