Green Room

George W. Bush has cardiac stent to resolve blockage

posted at 10:08 am on August 6, 2013 by

Let’s hope he recovers soon:

Former President George W. Bush has successfully undergone a heart procedure after doctors discovered a blockage in an artery.

Bush spokesman Freddy Ford says a stent was inserted during a procedure Tuesday at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas. The blockage was discovered Monday during Bush’s annual physical at the Cooper Clinic in Dallas, where the nation’s 43rd president lives.

Ford says the blockage was opened with no complications. He says the 67-year-old Bush is expected to be discharged Wednesday.

Bush 43 has conducted his aprés-Presidency with class and reserve, and we hope that we get to see many more years of that in the future.  Get well soon, Mr. President.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Get well soon Mr President

cmsinaz on August 6, 2013 at 10:22 AM

And true to form, the comments from WAPO are off the charts disgusting.

I had the same procedure done last June, Godspeed Mr President, hope you recover well.

bernzright777 on August 6, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I might not have agreed with him on everything, such as immigration, Medicare, but George W. Bush was definitely a true conservative with his actions. He enacted major policy that supported all three planks of the conservative GOP platform… fiscal (tax cuts, supply side economics), social (anti-stem cell, prolife SC judges), and national security (GWOT).

Not coincidentally, when a conservative is the GOP nominee they win the Presidency. RINOs like Romney, McCain, and Dole lose. Why doesn’t the REpublican establishment recognize this?

sauldalinsky on August 6, 2013 at 10:49 AM

God Bless you and make you well, GW.
Fortunately, it’s a common procedure these days.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the decent man and his family.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on August 6, 2013 at 10:52 AM

sauldalinsky on August 6, 2013 at 10:49 AM

They gotta to go to the best cocktail parties, man. Gutfeld is right: DC is Hollywood for ugly people.

Kafir on August 6, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Personally, I like my leaders to fight. Not roll over.

faraway on August 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Personally, I like my leaders to fight. Not roll over.

faraway on August 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM

He’s no longer a leader of anything.

après – after —usually used in combination

NotCoach on August 6, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Personally, I like my leaders to fight. Not roll over.

faraway on August 6, 2013 at 11:32 AM

He’s no longer a leader of anything.

après – after (après tennis) —usually used in combination (après-theater party)

NotCoach on August 6, 2013 at 11:43 AM

He’s no longer a leader of anything.

NotCoach on August 6, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Jimmy Carter, all aggressively promoting Leftism.

They have a cause. I guess we don’t.

faraway on August 6, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Get well soon and recover fully, President George W. Bush.

ExpressoBold on August 6, 2013 at 11:52 AM

They have a cause. I guess we don’t.

faraway on August 6, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I wouldn’t include Shillary in that list, and the other two have a primary motivation of rehabilitating their legacies. It is unbecoming.

NotCoach on August 6, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Best wishes for our former president.

CrustyB on August 6, 2013 at 12:02 PM

With all best wishes to our former President George W. Bush, you deserve the best.

helenvt on August 6, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Get well soon, Mr. President. We miss you more every day.

bmmg39 on August 6, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Get well soon, Mr. President. We miss you more every day.

bmmg39 on August 6, 2013 at 12:49 PM

..I echo the prominent sentiments here for W’s well-being (and miss him terribly) but I do fear a “If you liked ‘W’ in 2004, then here comes ‘Jeb’ in 2016″ in the cards.

The War Planner on August 6, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Bush is a fitness nut and he still had a blockage. He eats well and is in top physical condition; it’s so frustrating reading stories like this.

Daemonocracy on August 6, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Daemonocracy on August 6, 2013 at 1:57 PM

My boss had a heart attack a couple years ago. The guy’s a picture of health and poster boy for clean living. But his cholesterol is through the roof.

I’m overweight and eat like a pig. My cholesterol and blood pressure are right where they need to be. Go figure.

CurtZHP on August 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Democrat Underground:

He has one?1?!?!

He has an artery – don’t know if the rest of the heart is there.

The artery likely stops just short. He inherits that from his mother. The lack of a brain is due to his father.

He has a heart?

Bet they had to bring out the binoculars to find it.

Maybe the banner should read: BREAKING: George Bush has a heart.

He underwent surgery to have a heart ADDED.

He thought having a heart would make him a better painter.

Then things really go classy:

Get well, George W. and consider yourself lucky that your heart beats at all.

Some hearts don`t beat anymore. Like the hearts of those soldiers you killed with your lies.

I have a hard time having any sympathy for W

No sympathy for Bush.

I am really not a mean and vindictive person … but when it comes to Bush and Cheney …

I’m sorry, but because of what they did to thousands and thousands and thousands of Americans and innocent Iraqis, well, they cannot suffer enough in their remaining lifetimes, in my opinion.

I knew he had a bad heart. One day it will attack him. It may be the only justice we receive in this world regarding *

And finally…

I don’t like W, but out of respect for the office I sent him a gift basket full of Rold Golds.

“It Burns!”

Del Dolemonte on August 6, 2013 at 2:43 PM

CurtZHP on August 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM

..a lot of this goes to stress as well. I had an MI in ’97 while I was a CAT 3 bicycle racer and also had a stent in 2002. Both times I had stress at work (same boss, two different companies) and in ’97 the racing kept me in good physical condition but did not relieve the work stress.

Of course, W is not retired and should — seemingly — not be subject to the stress he was under as POTUS.

You’re probably the “victim” of a mellow lifestyle, Curt. Best wishes for your continued mellowness and a long life as well.

The War Planner on August 6, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I disagreed with him a lot when he was President, but I wish the man well. He carried himself with dignity and composure.

AngusMc on August 6, 2013 at 3:13 PM