Infographic: Detroit v. United States
posted at 8:38 am on August 5, 2013 by Katie Pavlich
Infographic of the day courtesy of the Heritage Foundation:
The city of Detroit filed for bankruptcy in large part due to the city’s huge unfunded obligations, which totaled $26,655 per capita. That amount, however, is only one-eighth the size of the burden currently facing all Americans. The federal government’s $69 trillion in debt and unfunded obligations works out to $218,169 per capita.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained