Infographic of the day: Sec. Kerry is killing the Earth trying to save the Middle East
posted at 10:29 am on July 30, 2013 by Mary Katharine Ham
There is a price for keeping hope alive for the Israeli-Palestinian peace process, no matter how unchanged the facts and futility on the ground. And the price is steep. For Gaia:
Secretary of State John Kerry and his advisers have emitted more than 35.4 metric tons of carbon dioxide into the environment during their ill-fated attempts to restart the Israeli-Palestinian peace process, according to a Washington Free Beacon environmental impact study.
After taking six trips to the region since February, Kerry and his crew have expended almost twice the amount of carbon that the average American emits yearly, according to an analysis based on statistics from the U.S Energy Information Administration.
Kerry alone has produced 26,037.11 pounds of CO2 as he seeks to bring intransigent Palestinian leaders back to the bargaining table.
Kerry has claimed global warming is one of his chief priorities even as he repeatedly shuttles to the Middle East on a mission experts say is doomed to fail.
In addition to the impact Kerry’s trips have had on the environment, the trips have cost taxpayers upwards of $2,774,497, according to the Free Beacon’s analysis.
Click to see the Free Beacon’s beautiful, full-sized infographic and fly the subsidized skies with John Kerry!
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation