Green Room

Infographic of the day: Sec. Kerry is killing the Earth trying to save the Middle East

posted at 10:29 am on July 30, 2013 by

There is a price for keeping hope alive for the Israeli-Palestinian peace process, no matter how unchanged the facts and futility on the ground. And the price is steep. For Gaia:

Secretary of State John Kerry and his advisers have emitted more than 35.4 metric tons of carbon dioxide into the environment during their ill-fated attempts to restart the Israeli-Palestinian peace process, according to a Washington Free Beacon environmental impact study.

After taking six trips to the region since February, Kerry and his crew have expended almost twice the amount of carbon that the average American emits yearly, according to an analysis based on statistics from the U.S Energy Information Administration.

Kerry alone has produced 26,037.11 pounds of CO2 as he seeks to bring intransigent Palestinian leaders back to the bargaining table.

Kerry has claimed global warming is one of his chief priorities even as he repeatedly shuttles to the Middle East on a mission experts say is doomed to fail.

In addition to the impact Kerry’s trips have had on the environment, the trips have cost taxpayers upwards of $2,774,497, according to the Free Beacon’s analysis.

Click to see the Free Beacon’s beautiful, full-sized infographic and fly the subsidized skies with John Kerry!

map-kredo-900px-540x377

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

It’s okay – these are our leaders, our intellectual betters. They are the ones most deserving of the privilege of burning carbon – after all, what they’re doing is IMPORTANT! So all you plebes should sacrifice your ability to heat your homes, drive to work, mow your lawn, use electricity so that the Important ones can go about securing their prosperous lifestyles your safety, security, and the health of the earth!

Mycnh on July 30, 2013 at 10:41 AM

We are doomed, no matter what we do, we are doomed…I am so depressed, so upset…we are doomed.

Here it is, in full view, we are doomed. Whoaaa is me, I have nothing to live for, all is lost…we are doomed.

“No body knows the trouble I’ve seen, nobody knows the sorrow…”

right2bright on July 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I can’t get too worked up over this … I got a 80 inch hog that spews a lot of carbon in my travels trying to bring intransigent honeys back to the bedroom.

#priorities

M240H on July 30, 2013 at 10:58 AM

It so reminds me of part of a book I read. A government official traipses about the country, on a train powered by the last operating diesel engine, to propagandize a government program, while everyone else has to get by with ancient steam locomotives for passenger travel and freight.

Oh, yeah, that was Atlas Shrugged. Rand was right. Again.

Mohonri on July 30, 2013 at 11:01 AM

“No body knows the trouble I’ve seen, nobody knows the sorrow…”

right2bright on July 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM

The Rogue Tomato on July 30, 2013 at 12:40 PM

right2bright on July 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM

sorry you feel that way, can I have your stuff?

aceinstall on July 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM

sorry you feel that way, can I have your stuff?

aceinstall on July 30, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Actually that was part two…all of these doomsayers, I will gladly take their cars, bank accounts, relieve them of their worldly goods since we are all dooooommmmed!!!

right2bright on July 30, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Could we have that same graphic done for Shrillary’s tenure as SecState? I know you wouldn’t be able to see the individual lines on the graph, but it would be beautiful and suitable for framing.

BTW, Lurch’s travels ease my mind about the emissions I spew out of my Ford Expedition on my 75 mile daily round trip to the office.

NOMOBO on July 30, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Nanzi Pelosi said “I have a planet to save.” as she jumped on her private taxpayer funded 757 (with 100K/yr booze bill) without passing a budget and headed off to pimp her book.

I would take their causes more seriously if only they did.

jukin3 on July 30, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Will John Kerry(D) annul his marriage to this ill wife too? Or just keep jet setting to stay away from her sickbed

DANEgerus on July 30, 2013 at 6:20 PM

The reason all this diplomacy is necessary is because Booooosh messed everything up, so it’s gotta be his fault.
/sarc

Bigfoot on July 30, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I wonder how much carbon these nutjobs released by putting their infographic on the Internet for all to see.

Servers require electricity. So do routers, switches, backup generators, environmental controls, etc. etc. etc. The Internet is not run on fairy dust.

While the amount of carbon emitted is far less, if these idiots truly believe in the protection of the environment then they must cease to use the internet and all forms of electronics and live as primitives.

Kingfisher on July 31, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I seem to recall algore found something similar back when was VP. I think he flew to Japan for like 2 hours then flew back to DC then down to Florida for a few hours then back to DC

jaywemm on July 31, 2013 at 10:10 AM