DC muggers to victim: “This is for Trayvon Martin”
posted at 7:56 am on July 29, 2013 by Guy Benson
The national healing continues apace:
A Bethesda man was beaten and robbed early Saturday morning in Adams Morgan by three men who yelled, “This is for Trayvon Martin,” before attacking him, police said. The incident is being investigated as a hate crime and robbery, according to D.C. police spokesman Araz Alali. Three black men approached an adult white male from behind while he was walking in the 1700 block of Euclid Street NW at 1:26 a.m. Saturday, police said. Two of the men threw the victim to the ground and kicked him, Alali said. The three perpetrators then took the victim’s iPhone and wallet and fled.
This smacks of common criminals exploiting a racially-divisive event to “justify” crimes they would have committed anyway. Nevertheless, as the legacy media instructs the rest of us to examine our hearts on race issues, perhaps some introspection is in order for our moral betters. Might they consider the role they’ve played in stoking the Zimmerman fire with half-truths and outright lies? By the way, how’s the big “national conversation on race” going so far?
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation