The Lincoln Memorial… vandalized?!
posted at 9:04 am on July 26, 2013 by Erika Johnsen
…Who does that?
The Lincoln Memorial was shut down Friday morning after unknown vandals splashed the statue of the nation’s 16th president, and the marble floor around it, with green paint, U.S. Park Police said.
Police are reviewing surveillance footage from the popular tourist attraction on the west end of the Mall, but so far have released no information about who may have been responsible.
Authorities believe the vandalism happened around 1:30 a.m. The National Park Service will work to clean up the paint, police said, and the memorial will be closed to the public until cleanup is complete.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained