Green Room

Chris Matthews: Can I just take a second to apologize on behalf of all white people?

posted at 6:46 pm on July 18, 2013 by

Via NRO, this should really be an hourly feature on MSNBC, tantamount to a regular news break at 30 minutes past.

If you’re going to be the “I am Other” network, you might as well own it.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Pack ya bags chrissy’s going on a guilt trip…… the price of a ticket…..requires that blacks never be critically judged by the content of their character but only favorably by the color of their skin.

roflmmfao

donabernathy on July 19, 2013 at 8:16 AM

It takes a unique kind of arrogance to think you can apologize or even that you have to apologize for an entire race of people. Stupefying.

Chris Matthews, you are filth.

princetrumpet on July 19, 2013 at 8:22 AM

“Tingles” needs an enema so that his head will more easily find its way out of his a**.

Cherokee on July 19, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Liberalism must be a genetic disorder because liberals clearly do not possess the gene that helps one recognize rampant hypocricy:

C. Mathews: White ‘apologist’ who lives in uber-white Chevy Chase.

A. Gore: Global Warming ‘alarmist’ who lives in a mansion and jets hither and yon around the country.

M. Obama: Stipulates whey and brown rice for our school children whilst hers eat pate.

B. Clinton: feminist fave and rumored serial sexual predator.

Need I go on?

CaptFlood on July 19, 2013 at 8:51 AM

What wrong with that creepy-ass cracka?

claudius on July 19, 2013 at 9:08 AM

No, Chris. No, you can’t. Now, please go away.

GWB on July 19, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Now that all Hispanic’s are now White, I wonder if they are experiencing WHITE GUILT for America’s sins of the past?

Will the future generations of Hispanic’s and Asian’s, as they ascend in America, feel obligated to PAY for America’s past sins?

Carnac on July 19, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Let’s see …… a well worn-out liberal quote, from back when “W” invaded Iraq:

“Not in MY name.”

listens2glenn on July 19, 2013 at 10:05 AM

No Tingles, this is one white boy you don’t speak for. Stop trying, you are making a donkey out of yourself.

dentalque on July 19, 2013 at 10:56 AM

GFY Chrissie!!

dentarthurdent on July 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Don’t you f-ing dare apologize for me tingles, you rat faced, alcoholic, lefty tool, America hating, useful idiot for radical Islam!

You do not speak for me dumbazz!

Liberty or Death on July 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM

So Chrissy just proved how to stereotype an entire race. It does not matter what the race is, unless you are the un AMERICAN Ms NBC channel.

j bo on July 19, 2013 at 12:10 PM

In the words of Lois Lerner, I have done nothing wrong. I have broken no laws. i am not guilty of anything. You may not apoligize for me. If you, Chrissy, are feeling guilty, then by all means, grab your nuts and spill your guts, if you have any.

j bo on July 19, 2013 at 12:14 PM

On behalf of white people, I’d like to apologize for Chris Matthews.

DarthBrooks on July 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM

On behalf of all white people, I would like to apologize for Chris Matthews.

Sincerely,
Unclesmrgol

unclesmrgol on July 19, 2013 at 1:20 AM

On behalf of white people, I’d like to apologize for Chris Matthews.

DarthBrooks on July 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM

That makes the two of us. Now all we need 999,998 more and a march on Washington.

unclesmrgol on July 19, 2013 at 1:03 PM

On Monday, my son wrote in Facebook:

while i was waiting on the bus in front of my job, a guy ran up on me, pulled out a gun, pointed it at my face, and said “you are a worthless white piece of sh!t! your white a$$ deserves to die! i should kill your f—ing white a$$ right now for everything that you have done! say you are sorry mutherf—er! beg for your shi++y life!” then the bus pulled up and i said “im sorry, this is my ride” and he said “yea, you take your fa22ot white a$$ on outta here, before something happens to you, like it happens to us!”

Man, I wish Matthews had apologized sooner, and saved my son a lot of trauma.
/sarc
Who’s going to apologize to my son on behalf of all black people?
/irony

topdog on July 19, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I haven’t watched Chris Mathews for years and after this last outburst, I congratulate myself for my wise decision. I did watch MSNBC for one hour after the Zimmerman verdict only to watch their anguish and teeth gnashing and got a 60 minute diatribe from rich whites disparaging middle and poorer class white “trash”.

MaiDee on July 19, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Oh, I forgot… Chris who??

princetrumpet on July 19, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Just a reminder: People will die

Allahpundit Jun 28, 2017 10:41 PM
Top Pick

“Whipped cream’s killing more people than ever before.”

Top Pick

Medicare for all?

“There comes a point where you gotta get off the crazy train.”

Poll: Dem voters glumly sticking with Pelosi

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 8:41 PM

Disaster ahead?

“When she left it, it was in better shape than it had ever been.”

Manafort, firm registers as foreign agents

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 6:41 PM

Better late than never?

Delivered as promised

“I would like to think that the president saved many innocent men, women and children.”

“The Russia investigation was by far the dominant topic…”

The merry little media war continues.

Criminal enterprise

Politico: Has the SPLC lost its way?

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 3:01 PM

“The organization has always tried to find ways to milk money out of the public…”

Trump legal team backing away from Comey complaint?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 2:31 PM

De-escalation?

Time to get up and go to work, sir

CNN gets glum, defensive after resignations

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 1:01 PM

“If Jeff lit himself on fire, it wouldn’t appease the pro-Trump media.”

Hmmm: FBI probing Russia-based anti-virus firm?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 12:31 PM

“I wouldn’t put their stuff on my computer if you paid me.”

He works hard for the money…

It’s not a slippery slope. It’s a freaking avalanche.

Nuts.

Showdown: Sarah Palin vs the New York Times

Jazz Shaw Jun 28, 2017 9:21 AM

Defamation

Credit where creditor’s due?

More flash than bang, but a very bad sign

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

“It was not necessary.”

“You’re inflaming everyone right here right now with those words!”

“Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'”

Excuses, excuses.

Not really a “kill all the lawyers” scenario

4 pm ET!

“it has not taken serious steps to end its own complicity in trafficking, including forced laborers from North Korea.”