Pelosi: “Bible folks” seem to like immigration reform, you know
posted at 12:04 pm on July 11, 2013 by Guy Benson
Silky smooth messaging from America’s favorite self-described “devout Catholic:”
At press conference, Nancy Pelosi says “the Bible folks” have been very enthusiastic about immigration reform.
— Chris Moody (@Chris_Moody) July 11, 2013
See, average people? Your fellow “Bible folks” support a policy that I also like — and so should you! I’m just like you, really. In fact, I own several books. The Bible is also a book! Relate to me, middle America. Reporters are suggesting that Pelosi was attempting to refer to a specific coalition with “Bible” in its title, so her remark may be a case of hilariously dumb wording rather than overtly disdainful pandering. In either case, it reminds me of this SNL sketch, which aired after Democrats won the House in 2006:
“We Americans have always been a religious people, a member of my staff tells me.”
Who knew Pelosi had a token representative of the “Bible folks” on staff at all?
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation