Green Room

Red Eye reunion: MKH joins Alison Rosen on her podcast

posted at 5:57 pm on July 8, 2013 by

If you’re a “Red Eye” fan, you’ll recognize Alison Rosen from her many appearances on the show back when it started. If you’re a fan of Adam Carolla’s podcast, you’ll recognize her as Carolla’s charming and funny newsgirl. She’s got her own podcast, “Alison Rosen is Your New Best Friend,” which I got to tape with her when I was in L.A. recently. Normally, she interviews actors and comics about family, neuroses, and relationships, and we cover some of the same ground, much of which will be new to those who read or see me on TV. I’ve always appreciated Alison because she’s both liberal and truly tolerant and kind to people on the opposite side of the political spectrum.

If you’ve never listened to the show, give it a try. Generally a PG to PG-13 rating for some language and occasional sex or bodily function talk, because it’s the Internet and we do what we want. Alison & I talked pregnancy, puking, my OCD, how I met my husband, and broadly about political philosophy.

Click to listen, and yes, there’s cussing and bodily function talk. Enjoy!

photo

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Cussing and bodily function talk? No thanks.

Why is this show being promoted on a conservative politics blog?

bluegill on July 8, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Thanks for the heads up MKH. I am a die hard fan of the ACS podcast and will definitely be tuning in. Rosen is a rare breed–a lib with a great sense of humor.

Kataklysmic on July 8, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Why is this show being promoted on a conservative politics blog?

One need not be a prude to be conservative.

eaglescout_1998 on July 8, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Love me some Alison Rosen!

long_cat on July 8, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I do miss “Red Eye” as it used to be. I miss the fake brick walls and much of the dark humor is absent too.

eaglescout_1998 on July 9, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Mary Katherine, great interview! Sorry for all that morning sickness you’re suffering. Those darn hormones can seem toxic sometimes.

I love that your mom is a public school elementary librarian. Public school teacher here. There’s a common misconception among conservatives that most (all?) public school teachers are totalitarian leftists out to brainwash conservatism out of children forever. I have not found this to be true; at most, my colleagues are “soft” liberals. By and large they’re socially conservative, but vote Democrat because they’re perceived to be the party that “cares about kids” (now that makes ME feel like puking).

So I teach children at work. But I also put out little liberal fires here and there with healthy doses of conservative truth (ssshhhhhh).

Happy gestating!

Grace_is_sufficient on July 9, 2013 at 8:27 AM

One need not be a prude to be conservative.

eaglescout_1998 on July 8, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Thank you! Boo to blowhards!

Mary Katharine Ham on July 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Great interview. I’m a big Carolla fan and by extension like Alison (though I don’t agree with her politics).

eaglephin on July 9, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I listened to that podcast today. Learn how to throw things away. That part made me laugh out loud.

deimos on July 9, 2013 at 7:52 PM

MK – fabulous interview, and – of course I am in agreement with “Boo to blowhards!” and “One must not be a prude to be conservative.”

kscheuller on July 10, 2013 at 2:46 AM

Top Pick

Slow your roll, boss

Top Pick

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.

Good lack of work if you can get it

GOP takes 2 more special House races, meaning what?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 21, 2017 8:41 AM

Two more demoralizing moral victories for Dems.

Not a murder, but nearly as awful

GA Election results thread Update: Handel wins!

John Sexton Jun 20, 2017 7:10 PM

Late night?

7 p.m. ET: The election to end all elections

Allahpundit Jun 20, 2017 7:01 PM

Endgame.

Dashcam footage: The shooting of Philando Castile

Allahpundit Jun 20, 2017 6:31 PM

“Sir, I have to tell you that I do have a firearm on me.”

“Military personnel had to neutralize an individual.”

Because that’s pretty much the same thing, you see

“Now is the time to be more visible.”

“If you’re frustrated by the lack of transparency in this process, I share your frustration.”

Uh oh.

“No matter how radical, offensive, biased, prejudiced, fascist the program is?”

No regrets

And it’s not just your imagination

“The hopeless fear Warmbier is now experiencing is my daily reality…”

Kicking him when he’s down.

Of pigeons and terrorists

Jazz Shaw Jun 20, 2017 12:01 PM

A terrorist by any other name…

Some things require a sledgehammer, not a scalpel

Closing the gap.