Green Room

Video: Mitch McConnell ad against new Democratic opponent is … really something

posted at 3:28 pm on July 2, 2013 by

To follow-up on Guy’s post, I feel we’ve reached a new era in political advertising now that the Senate minority leader is using auto-tune.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

What rhymes? Crimes.

stukinIL4now on July 3, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Breaking: Senator McConnell fires ad team that mistakenly released a joke campaign ad, which was auto-tuned using his challeger’s name…oh wait, that was on purpose?

Breaking: Mitch McConnell’s ad team is full of idiots and should be fired.

Conservative in NOVA on July 3, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Stupid!! This will make the low info voter vote for her!!!

redguy on July 3, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I thought it was an ad for her. I never heard Mitch’s name once.

HellCat on July 3, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Out-of-it conservatives think that narcissism is still viewed as a negative personality trait. And so this ad tries to paint his opponent as a narcissist.

Unfortunately, they’ve missed the memo that there has been a major tectonic shift in American culture in recent years such that narcissism is now considered praiseworthy. Obama won in 2008 primarily because he was an extreme narcissist.

The end result is that this ad will increase his opponent’s poll numbers.

Zombie on July 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Actually, I kind of liked it.

yesiamapirate on July 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Mitch might want to send the high school students who produced this back to their summer vacation.

nico on July 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Always wondered what Beavis and Butt-head were doing now as ‘adults’.

Marcola on July 3, 2013 at 12:28 PM

That is the most annoying commercial I have seen in a long, long, LONG time. Maybe McConnell’s team will luck out and people will associate his opponent with an annoying ad. :P

Othniel on July 3, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Actually, I kind of liked it.

yesiamapirate on July 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM

So did I. I thought it was pretty funny.

Throat Wobbler Mangrove on July 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Annoying.

UltimateBob on July 3, 2013 at 1:16 PM

That is a really pathetically bad commercial…

DrUrchin on July 3, 2013 at 1:36 PM

How long is it going to take for that son to get out of my head?

Maddie on July 3, 2013 at 1:41 PM

This assine ad wasn’t made by any “gomer” from the Tea Party.

Oh no … this ad comes from a supposedly spit and polished GOP Ayatollah … in fact, Grand Ayatollah Mitch McConnell himself.

What right does the establishment have to chastise the Tea Party as a bunch of unpolished brigands when they release crap like this.

I’m sending Allison Lundergren Grimes some goddam money to get rid of this idiot McConnell!

HondaV65 on July 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Ha ha, I loved it. Upbeat. Good humored. Makes the right word associations. Good job

DaMav on July 3, 2013 at 5:11 PM

DaMav on July 3, 2013 at 5:11 PM

I lasted 40 seconds. Do I get a prize? Besides the headache, I mean?

princetrumpet on July 3, 2013 at 6:39 PM

This is the first time I ever considered HA as wasting my time with one of their articles. Really, HA, are you serious?

HiJack on July 3, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Obviously, I am rooting for McConnell so if they want to pan Grimes, I would think they could just quote some of the bad press she has gotten. As for this ad, did they focus group test this? What demographic group did it win for McConnell? I’d like to know so I can avoid people like that.

KW64 on July 4, 2013 at 7:46 AM

We have reached a new low in political advertising.

jpmn on July 4, 2013 at 8:00 AM