Green Room

“I hope your daughter’s raped”

posted at 6:23 pm on July 2, 2013 by

Scenes from the abortion abortion horde in Texas, because they’re all about “women’s health:”

State senator Donna Campbell, who issued the third point of order against Davis’s filibuster (which ended it), has also been the target of extensive verbal abuse from pro-choice protesters, according to her spokesman Jon Oliver. They’ve received Facebook messages and e-mails saying, “I hope you’re raped” and “I hope your daughter’s raped,” Oliver tells me. “Lots of language — ‘You’re an effin’ blank,’ ‘You are a traitor to women’ — those kind of things,” Oliver says. “I wouldn’t say anything’s necessarily a direct threat, but they’re the kind of e-mails that make you a little nervous, especially when you start talking about family members: ‘I hope your family members are raped.’”

By the way, Texas Sen. Donna Campbell is a female medical doctor.  She ticks every box in the abortion movement’s phony permission structure regarding who’s “allowed” to have a relevant opinion on the issue (men need not apply, unless they’re right-thinking, obviously).  But Campbell holds the wrong opinion, so it’s off to the rape room for her and her daughter.  Because protecting women’s health, that’s why.  Remember, Campbell’s grave crime here is opposing the killing of healthy, pain-capable unborn children entering the sixth month of gestation.  For that, some in the “women’s rights” crowd are wishing rape upon her and her family.  I’ll leave you with this photo of blue-clad pro-lifers filing into the Capitol today, tweeted by Gov. Rick Perry:

The shrill voices of pro-late term abortion extremists aren’t the only ones being heard in Austin this week.  Just look at all the self-loathing women* in that photo.

*These women represent the strong majority of Texans and all Americans.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Message from pro-murderers:

“I hope you’re raped” or “I hope your daughter’s raped”

Reply from pro-lifers:

This is Texas. Attempted rapists are met with the typical Texas-style resistance. You’re probably familiar with their names, namely Glock or Smith & Wesson.

We’re not New York or California. Texas is for mature adults. We’ve been kicking ass for over 150 years and have perfected the technique.

Kingfisher on July 3, 2013 at 1:50 PM

i thought pro-lifers were the ones who (supposedly) encouraged rape. Sachiko on July 2, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Yeah but not rape rape.

Akzed on July 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I know Dr. Campbell personally. Its disgusting that she would be treated this way. I wonder if the people saying they hope her daughters get raped knows that one of those daughters is still a small child. A small child she adopted after it’s drug addict mother gave birth in Dr. Campbell’s hospital and abandoned her.

SnakeintheGrass on July 3, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I’m with the ladies in blue. As for the pro abortion crowd I say get these carpetbaggers out of my state! After Gosnell you are evil if you are against this very sensible legislation. These occupy types can go straight to h–l!

neyney on July 3, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Snake, your public endorsement of the good doctor is awesome. But just remember that the forces of choice Don’t care about virtue or innocence. If Letterman can get away with wishing that the little Palin girl had gotten raped, and much of his audience laughing, the good doctor and her family will not be immune to their bile either.

rwenger43 on July 4, 2013 at 1:18 AM

CNN reporters resign over retracted story

John Sexton Jun 26, 2017 9:21 PM
Top Pick

“The individuals all stated that they accepted responsibility and wanted to resign.”

Federalism’s greatest champion is now …

Ed Morrissey Jun 26, 2017 8:41 PM
Top Pick

“In the end, we’re a democracy.”

“Almost all controversial speech harms people, upsets or offends them…”

Obama: Back home again in Indonesia

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 7:21 PM

The call to prayer and eating dog.

Testing the waters.

“primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.”

“If I were a Seattle lawmaker, I would be thinking hard about the $15 an hour phase-in.”

Days of future past

“Not only are taxpayers footing the bill, but people are dying unnecessarily because of this.”

Israel settles who can stand where at the Western Wall

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Women to the right, men to the left.

Look on the bright side. There’s less snow in the summer

Big win … but for how long?

“Several Russian cities have unveiled monuments to Stalin in recent months.”

Massive disappointment

Emboldened conservative wing?

It’s more about the powers of the Presidency at this point

A second look at paper ballots?

Jazz Shaw Jun 26, 2017 10:41 AM

Low tech solutions to high tech crime

No extra beatings required, thanks

A “”massive, massive f*** up…”

This is totally amazing!

McConnell may not get his wish on health care vote

Taylor Millard Jun 25, 2017 7:31 PM

Senate leadership wants a vote this week, others say, “Negative, Ghost Rider.”

Helping others without the government.

“…the reality is the reality.”

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”