Green Room

Finally: Vegans willing to call out the traitors by name

posted at 11:47 am on June 28, 2013 by

Just a little something for your time capsule: This is America, 2013.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Just like with believers and atheists, we need less of a war between vegans and carnivores. That means fewer enemies lists from vegans, and fewer not-so-clever “People Eating Tasty Animals” jokes from carnivores.

bmmg39 on June 30, 2013 at 2:39 PM

…and fewer not-so-clever “People Eating Tasty Animals” jokes from carnivores.
bmmg39 on June 30, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Thanks for outing yourself… I reserve the right to issue sharp, focused pokes at moral vanity.

It’s a still a free enough country for that…deal with it.

CPT. Charles on June 30, 2013 at 9:44 PM

You do what you want, but then the vegans can make snotty comments about you, and you’ll have to deal with that.

“Moral vanity.” [eyeroll] I’m pretty sure there’s something you have a moral crusade about.

bmmg39 on June 30, 2013 at 10:06 PM

bmmg39 on June 30, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Smart mouth, dumb head, more issues than Time.

Get lost and stay there.

MelonCollie on July 1, 2013 at 12:06 AM

MelonCollie on July 1, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Excuse me?

Why don’t you find a board better suited to petulant children such as yourself?

bmmg39 on July 1, 2013 at 1:35 AM

bmmg39 on July 1, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Say what? This is our turf, grass-eater… go back to the Daily Kos, or the DU.

CPT. Charles on July 1, 2013 at 2:06 AM

I have many friends who are vegetarians, vegans, or somewhere in between. I cannot say that my friends are like this, but in the past I thought some of the vegan/vegetarian community they associated with exhibited an irritating aura of superiority and self-righteousness. After looking at this, I can see I was not wrong!

rockncoal on July 1, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Say what? This is our turf, grass-eater… go back to the Daily Kos, or the DU.

CPT. Charles on July 1, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Well, since I’m a political conservative, I’m not really welcome at those places, Chucky.

Go back and look at the thread. I was calling for both sides of this debate to stop sniping at each other. I think you and I both have more important things to worry about than whether somebody eats ham or not.

There’s really no need to behave like some liberal’s caricature of a conservative.

bmmg39 on July 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Best uses for vegan bacon

dentalque on June 28, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Excellent

John the Libertarian on June 28, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I have never in my life watched a single episode of Parks and Recreation.

And now? Now I’m beginning to wish I had.

There Goes the Neighborhood on July 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Comment pages: 1 2

Top Pick

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

Top Pick

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

“It was not necessary.”

“You’re inflaming everyone right here right now with those words!”

“Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'”

Excuses, excuses.

Not really a “kill all the lawyers” scenario

4 pm ET!

“it has not taken serious steps to end its own complicity in trafficking, including forced laborers from North Korea.”

Currently doing a search for “good international trade lawyers”

Ransomware attack spreads through Europe

John Sexton Jun 27, 2017 1:01 PM

“A massive ransomware campaign is currently unfolding worldwide.”

At least their address rarely changes

It just keeps on happening

“Trump is good for business right now.”

Start spreading the news…

“Now it’s time for the next step.”

A “cryptic” warning to Bashar al-Assad?

Jazz Shaw Jun 27, 2017 8:01 AM

The three strikes rule may be in effect

CNN reporters resign over retracted story

John Sexton Jun 26, 2017 9:21 PM

“The individuals all stated that they accepted responsibility and wanted to resign.”

Federalism’s greatest champion is now …

Ed Morrissey Jun 26, 2017 8:41 PM

“In the end, we’re a democracy.”

“Almost all controversial speech harms people, upsets or offends them…”

Obama: Back home again in Indonesia

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 7:21 PM

The call to prayer and eating dog.

Testing the waters.

“primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.”

“If I were a Seattle lawmaker, I would be thinking hard about the $15 an hour phase-in.”

Days of future past

“Not only are taxpayers footing the bill, but people are dying unnecessarily because of this.”

Israel settles who can stand where at the Western Wall

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Women to the right, men to the left.

Look on the bright side. There’s less snow in the summer

Big win … but for how long?

“Several Russian cities have unveiled monuments to Stalin in recent months.”

Massive disappointment

Emboldened conservative wing?

It’s more about the powers of the Presidency at this point

A second look at paper ballots?

Jazz Shaw Jun 26, 2017 10:41 AM

Low tech solutions to high tech crime