Audio: My interview with Jeff Sessions
posted at 2:40 pm on June 26, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
Here’s the counterpoint to the Rubio interview I posted earlier. I spoke with Senator Jeff Sessions last night on the Hugh Hewitt show, discussing Corker-Hoeven and the Ted Cruz find on the ObamaCare penalty:
The last few seconds of audio got cut off, so here’s the relevant part of the transcript:
EM: Senator Sessions, just briefly, got about 20 seconds. How do you do that and bring Democrats along on that?
JS: Well, Democrats have to see, Republicans, I think, should advance the bill that would actually work, treat compassionately the people that have been here for a time and haven’t been in trouble, and do that right. And then if you do that, and you create a lawful system in the future that can actually be enforced, how could they oppose it? They say they want a system that works in the future.
EM: Senator Sessions, thank you so much. I apologize, we have to go, but thank you very much.
The whole transcript is at the link.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style
- Good news from Piers Morgan: Obama’s a perfect physical specimen