Green Room

The top 9,486 ways Jay Carney won’t answer your question

posted at 10:50 am on June 21, 2013 by

Compiled by Yahoo! News, this interactive inventory has to have every White House press secretary who came before him thanking God the Internet was not so Internetty when they were at the podium. Among the choices of Carney deflections, my favorite is, “The President won’t tell me.” Appropriately emasculating and evasive, that one. Here are the basics, but click over to have some fun with it. The kind of fun that makes you cry a little.

I don’t have the answer (1905 times)
I would refer you to someone else (1383 times)
You already know the answer (1125 times)
I’m not going to tell you (939 times)
Not that I know of (927 times)
I don’t want to (588 times)
I’m not sure (549 times)
I won’t speculate (525 times)
No comment (429 times)
I’ll get back to you (387 times)
It’s a good question (381 times)
See yesterday’s non-response (231 times)
The President won’t tell me (117 times)

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

The top 10 ways to create redundancy from the Headlines.

And the number 1 reason why the Green Room should not have been changed into this.

MadisonConservative on June 21, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Let Yahoo news waste it’s time on this.

LeftCoastRight on June 21, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Well, he’s married to Claire Shipman, who probably took care of the emasculation a long time ago.

TXUS on June 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Contempt. That’s the only way to describe it. Holder has contempt for Congress. Carney has contempt for the press. Obama has contempt for the Constitution. That’s the consequence of elitism.

John the Libertarian on June 21, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I have a 6 year old that is a master at most of these. Carney better watch out for his job (if that’s what you call it these days).

JeremiahJohnson on June 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Be a great spoof to have Carney lip-syncing this Eagles song with modified lyrics…

I Can’t Tell You Why

Marcola on June 21, 2013 at 12:04 PM

This is a drinking game waiting to happen…

apostic on June 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I want a Jay Carney pullstring doll.

hungrymongo on June 21, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I want a Jay Carney pullstring doll.

hungrymongo on June 21, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Heh.

Pull: “I don’t want to”

Pull: “The President won’t tell me”

Pull: “I would refer you to someone else”

You would burn the doll after playing with it for 10 minutes.

Jaibones on June 21, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Transparency at it’s finest.

If ignorance is truly bliss and he were truly that ignorant, he’d be as happy as a clam.

But alas, it’s all just lies.

Oxymoron on June 21, 2013 at 7:46 PM

We need a Jay Carney sound board. It won’t be as fun as the Mr.Rodgers one. But maybe it could be useful if say the IRS calls or something.

D-Bar on June 22, 2013 at 4:11 AM