Green Room

Not The Ed Morrissey Show live at 4 ET!

posted at 2:01 pm on June 20, 2013 by

While I’m gone — and if everything goes according to plan, I’ll be over the Mediterranean by this time — Duke, Allan Bourdius, and Mary Chastain will play!  Instead of a TEMS installment, Duke will host one of his NTEMS at 4 ET.  Be sure to tune in on the regular TEMS channel, and join the chatroom too.

I may be back with a show tomorrow to talk about my trip to Jerusalem, so stay tuned!

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

The show could have been done by leftist loons for all the open borders talk going on. I stopped listening–not because I don’t listen to views I disagree with. It just wasn’t particularly interesting.

thuja on June 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Well, I can’t say I’ve ever found myself terribly entertaining so I won’t try to argue the interesting point. 🙂

But, I’m pretty sure none of us said we should have an open border. We all expressed doubt at the government’s ability or desire to make the border secure due to incredibly stupid things like the environmental restrictions on travel that Mary raised at the beginning.

I suppose you could misinterpret my analogy with regards to DRM as being for an open border, but my point was that the best way to create a secure border is to get as many people to come through a normal immigration process as possible. I explicitly referred to an “Ellis Island” style entrance, ID checks, etc. There isn’t a much more closed border than an ocean and a single port to enter.

Perhaps the fact we all agreed it should be a speedy and simple process could be interpreted as an open border as well, but the point of a secure border is to keep the undesirables out. It’s a lot easier to deal with just the undesirables if all the desirableness are prompted to come through the main gate because that process is at the very least less life threatening than trying to cross a desert in the back of a drug cartel’s semi.

CrankyTRex on June 21, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Top Pick

Will they stay or will they go?

Top Pick

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus