Chuck Hagel to Indian professor: You’re not a member of the Taliban, are you?
posted at 10:07 am on June 20, 2013 by Allahpundit
I posted this in Headlines but want to flag the Pentagon response. What are the odds that a man known for muttering about the “Jewish lobby” would say something insensitive?
Absolutely no slight toward any individual in the audience was intended. That’s the last thing the Secretary would do under any circumstance, in this or any other setting. He didn’t know who would be called next to pose a question.
Their defense is that Hagel was being serious? I.e., that he thought the guy asking the question might be … an actual member of the Taliban?
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation