Happy Father’s Day!
posted at 12:02 pm on June 16, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
Happy Fathers Day to all Hot Air dad and granddads! I especially want to wish my father, Ed Sr, a happy Fathers Day today. I took this photo last year at his 80th birthday party, while he was dancing with my two granddaughters. This was shortly before the youngest one accidentally knocked him down on the dance floor, which understandably freaked me out. Dad, though, bounced right back up and seemed surprised that anyone would worry about him, laughing while I tried to make sure he hadn’t broken anything.
Dad’s still in fine form to this day; I just got off the phone with him, and he’s full of plans for the summer, including a visit to Minnesota at the end of the season. Those of you joining us on the Eddie and Duanie Cruise in July will get a chance to meet him, and to hear many embarrassing stories from my youth. I can’t wait to show him off, actually, even with the mildly embarrassing tales — when you’ve got the best dad in the world, you want everyone to know it.
And that’s as mushy as I get, which is probably a little more than the Old Man would want anyway. Hope all of you get the chance to spend a little time with the great dads, granddads, godfathers, and children in your lives today. Fire up the grills and let the celebrations begin!
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation