Green Room

Happy Father’s Day!

posted at 12:02 pm on June 16, 2013 by

Happy Fathers Day to all Hot Air dad and granddads!  I especially want to wish my father, Ed Sr, a happy Fathers Day today.  I took this photo last year at his 80th birthday party, while he was dancing with my two granddaughters.  This was shortly before the youngest one accidentally knocked him down on the dance floor, which understandably freaked me out.  Dad, though, bounced right back up and seemed surprised that anyone would worry about him, laughing while I tried to make sure he hadn’t broken anything.

Dad’s still in fine form to this day; I just got off the phone with him, and he’s full of plans for the summer, including a visit to Minnesota at the end of the season.  Those of you joining us on the Eddie and Duanie Cruise in July will get a chance to meet him, and to hear many embarrassing stories from my youth.  I can’t wait to show him off, actually, even with the mildly embarrassing tales — when you’ve got the best dad in the world, you want everyone to know it.

And that’s as mushy as I get, which is probably a little more than the Old Man would want anyway.  Hope all of you get the chance to spend a little time with the great dads, granddads, godfathers, and children in your lives today.  Fire up the grills and let the celebrations begin!

dad-dancing

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

A Happy Father’s Day to you Ed. And to all the Father’s who post and look here on HA.
L

letget on June 16, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Happy Father’s Day, ya’ll!

Hill60 on June 16, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Happy Fathers Day — loved the story about your Dad. I miss mine every day but continue to smile at my memories. Go out and make some guys.

CoffeeLover on June 16, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Whom will Julia’s children be celebrating today?

steebo77 on June 16, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I miss my father very much, but am grateful to be a father myself.

John the Libertarian on June 16, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Yeah, and go F**k yourself.

The Rogue Tomato on June 16, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Wait, what?

John the Libertarian on June 16, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I’d like to let those dads serving far from home today know that you are in our thoughts and our hearts.

crosspatch on June 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Happy Fathers’ Day, HotAirians!

Ed, the apostrophe should be after the ‘s,’ but no worries; almost everyone makes that mistake nowadays. :P

itsnotaboutme on June 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM

The Rogue Tomato on June 16, 2013 at 2:05 PM

You must be grieving. I’ll pray for you.

itsnotaboutme on June 16, 2013 at 2:36 PM

…Ed’s dad looks sorta hip!…I love his shirt!…my folks were still wearing polyester…till the day they passed away!

KOOLAID2 on June 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Dad passed away in 2007, but how lucky I was to have had him almost 50 years. If your father is elderly, take a video of his life story now. You will never regret it. (Same goes for mom)

TxAnn56 on June 16, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Happy Father’s day, everyone!

dogsoldier on June 16, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Happy Fathers’ Day to all Hot Air Fathers. To paraphrase an WWII military phrase….. Love ‘em, if you got ‘em.

Cindy Munford on June 16, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Happy Fathers day to you too Ed. Nice to see your dad is still doing well. My parents are both in their 80′s and holding their own, but do need help at times. I’m going up to Pennsylvania this coming week to check on them and visit friends in Binghamton, NY.

We need to take care of our moms and dads in their old age like they took care of us in our infancy and youth.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL YOU DADS OUT THERE!

simkeith on June 16, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Happy Father’s Day to you, Ed, and to all the fathers and grandfathers on HotAir.

My dad died very suddenly when I was only 2 1/2, so what I know of him came primarily from my mom and in the many letters he wrote to her. I had no doubt that he was a great guy and wanted the best for me and that he loved us both very much. Later, as I was growing up, I had a superb substitute father in my uncle, who did not have children of his own, but who treated me as his own daughter.

I miss them both, my dad whom I didn’t know, and my uncle, who passed in 1993.

PatriotGal2257 on June 16, 2013 at 5:48 PM

PatriotGal2257 on June 16, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Just by your moniker alone, your Dad’s genes are obvious. He would be extremely proud of you for fighting the good fight!!

TxAnn56 on June 16, 2013 at 6:10 PM

TxAnn56 on June 16, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Thanks for your kind words, TxAnn56. I certainly hope he’d be proud of me. :)

By your replies here on Hot Air, I can see that your dad instilled in you those same attitudes for fighting the good fight also. I’m sure he was very proud to have a daughter like you.

PatriotGal2257 on June 16, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Dad’s been gone eight years, and boy howdy do I miss him. I hope everyone had a great day either being a dad or honoring one. Bless all of you.

Bob's Kid on June 17, 2013 at 1:51 PM