Green Room

Ramirez on US clean-election credibility

posted at 2:33 pm on June 14, 2013 by

A bit harsh, perhaps, but Investors Business Daily editorial cartoonist Michael Ramirez doesn’t pull punches. If we’re tempted to scold Iran, better make sure our own glass houses are well secured first:

ramirez-iran-irs

Also, be sure to check out Ramirez’ terrific collection of his works: Everyone Has the Right to My Opinion, which covers the entire breadth of Ramirez’ career, and it gives fascinating look at political history. Read my review here, and watch my interviews with Ramirez here and here. And don’t forget to check out the entire Investors.com site, which has now incorporated all of the former IBD Editorials, while individual investors still exist.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

That’s harsh?

FloatingRock on June 14, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Nice…

KCB on June 14, 2013 at 2:38 PM

That’s harsh?

FloatingRock on June 14, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Nope.

itsnotaboutme on June 14, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Harsh?

500 Tea Party groups are still being intimidated, and have not been approved.

I’m thinking Obama may have stolen the election.

faraway on June 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Actually, despite Democrat whinging about having the moral high ground, being respected and loved internationally and so forth, Obama has done nothing if not put us in the position where we can be justly laughed at for any attempt to say we’re acting against corrupt governments. Iran can be like, you fix elections too, so what? China can be like, your big businesses fully collude with your central government too, so what?

The United States of Chicago.

RiverCocytus on June 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I love Ramirez. The photos next to Obama are all of Obama. Heh.

Lightswitch on June 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Or ACORN.

vcferlita on June 14, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Anybody know what the lettering on the Oval Office rug is in the cartoon?

I know Obama had one custom made with quotes from previous Presidents (and one he incorrectly attributed to MLK), but it looks like Ramirez has taken some liberties. I can make out something like:

* RIDICULOUS……….ON * POWER IS NO……..

peski on June 14, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Here’s an article about the MLK misqote.

peski on June 14, 2013 at 3:13 PM

peski on June 14, 2013 at 3:12 PM

To see the cartoon better:

The coffee mug says I <3 me, and there's an ashtray on his desk.

Lightswitch on June 14, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Obama used the full power of the federal government against the domestic political opposition.

What, if anything, are you going to do about it Republicans in the House?

This is so far beyond Watergate it isn’t funny. Impeachment and criminal prosecution of most of the Obama administration should be starting now.

My guess though is like with F&F the Republicans will make some noise…and do nothing.

18-1 on June 14, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I’m thinking Obama may have stolen the election.

faraway on June 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I’m thinking that the IRS/NSA Gestapo may be responsible for Justice Roberts flipping sides on Obamacare at the last minute. Court watchers at the time remarked how very, very strange it was at the time, and I suspect now we know why.

FloatingRock on June 14, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I fear the IRS/NSA Gestapo will force certain key members of congress to support amnesty.

FloatingRock on June 14, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Seriously, Ed, how can you call that harsh? It’s Obama’s Chicago style IRS elections stealing thugs that are ‘harsh’, not the editorialist pointing it out.

Jackalope on June 14, 2013 at 3:33 PM

What’s harsh about the truth?

Herb on June 14, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Even my wife who doesn’t follow politics at all kept asking me, because I belong to the Tea Party, “where’s the Tea Party” ? all through ’12 election season.

Herb on June 14, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Notice how Kelly Ayotte flipped out of nowhere all of the sudden?

18-1 on June 14, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Notice how Kelly Ayotte flipped out of nowhere all of the sudden?

18-1 on June 14, 2013 at 4:18 PM

What about Lindsey “I want to have the NSA’s baby” Graham?

ROCnPhilly on June 14, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Major portions of the country with more registered voters than people of voting age.

Greater than 100% turnout of voters, all for the Democrat candidate, in Democrat urban areas.

Democrat Party workers convicted of facilitating vote fraud while the Party claims that no such thing exists.

Every time the Democrats can, they try to eliminate any requirements to register to vote that would limit it to one citizen, one vote.

Illegal aliens voting Democrat en-masse.

The combined coercive power of the Federal government being used against any opposition to the Democrats.

The NSA and Homeland Security hoovering up everything on the phones and online, including legally privileged material and campaign communications and passing it to the DNC.

The apparent blackmail of what pretends to be the political opposition.

What credible reason is there to assume that the last election was even remotely honest? Or, given what is coming out on a daily basis now, that a) there will be anything resembling an election in 2014, or b) that the votes will be counted honestly.

Wake up and smell the Coup.

Subotai Bahadur on June 14, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I don’t know which is harsher: living in the dim twilight of the republic or reading Ed’s reluctance to come out and say that.

AshleyTKing on June 15, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I love Ramirez. The photos next to Obama are all of Obama. Heh.

Lightswitch on June 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Of course, he’s also staring into a mirror. The aide is holding a box. I suppose it held the mirror before Narcissus picked it up.

Odysseus on June 15, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Odysseus on June 15, 2013 at 9:32 AM

It is a red briefing folder.

I’m thinking Obama may have stolen the election.

faraway on June 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM

The head of Google admitted that they swung it by 15-20%

LoganSix on June 15, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I’m thinking Obama may have stolen the election.

faraway on June 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM
The head of Google admitted that they swung it by 15-20%

LoganSix on June 15, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Is this true? So you have a link to an article?

hopeful on June 15, 2013 at 12:05 PM

DO you have a link. Typo made that sound very snotty. sorry.

hopeful on June 15, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Sorry, I thought it was the CEO of Google, but it was Dr. Robert Epstein, who did a study. But, since Google handed over data to the NSA and tons of money to Obama, when something is possible, I wouldn’t put it past them.

Search engine sway election.

LoganSix on June 15, 2013 at 12:34 PM