Green Room

Now that Tim Tebow is “associated with the word ‘patriot’…”

posted at 10:43 am on June 12, 2013 by

“…he’s being audited by the IRS.” I only laugh to keep from weeping.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Keep them coming Jay, go out with a bang!

Cindy Munford on June 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM

he’s being audited by the IRS.

If Jay’s show was in NYC, that would have received a standing ovation.

faraway on June 12, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I’m hoping that he keeps it up and gets picked up by another network. Doing this, he’d crush the competition! :)

Katja on June 12, 2013 at 11:45 AM

You kinda spoiled the punchline…

Individual on June 12, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Jay Leno is the most daring comedian in the U.S. Think about it.

John the Libertarian on June 12, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Good to see Leno coming out with good material.
The whole string was good – he hit the religion slant (even as a Patriots fan, I liked the “Belichick’s friend satan” bit), NSA, and IRS all together.

dentarthurdent on June 12, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I think Jay’s finally discovered that niche market of people who aren’t liberal.

Dongemaharu on June 12, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Dongemaharu on June 12, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I wonder if he looked back a bit and realized a big part of the greatness of his predecessor – Johnny Carson – was that he joked about EVERYONE, very equally spread the wealth, so to speak. And Carson was funny as he!! without making the jokes biased harsh personal attacks – which is what all the late night talkers seem to do now – and why I can’t stand any of them.

dentarthurdent on June 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM

dentarthurdent on June 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM

That could be it. But I think he’s getting up there in age, and the late night field is so saturated these days with mostly younger, lefty hosts, it’s a pretty good way to stand out from the pack.

Dongemaharu on June 12, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Actually, I am fairly surprised that Leno has not been audited himself, had unexpected legal troubles for himself or his family, had the EPA try to seize his car collection, or had an unfortunate accident that would take him off the air. NBC must be getting nastygrams from the DNC and White House on a daily basis after each night’s monologue, threatening that the blasphemy against Obama will be dealt with by the Tribunal of the Holy Office of the Inquisition.

Subotai Bahadur on June 12, 2013 at 1:33 PM

y Leno is the most daring comedian in the U.S. Think about it.

John the Libertarian on June 12, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Oh man. That’s like Justin Beiber becoming the most cutting edge artist. Says a lot about the state of late night comedy.

terryannonline on June 12, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Yep, it is a great joke. But the question remains, can Tebow play in the NFL?

SC.Charlie on June 12, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I saw that last night – it was good.

Ward Cleaver on June 12, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Yep, it is a great joke. But the question remains, can Tebow play in the NFL?

SC.Charlie on June 12, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I don’t know – some people think he should move to wide receiver.

Ward Cleaver on June 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I don’t know – some people think he should move to wide receiver.

Ward Cleaver on June 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I love the quote from ESPN’s “Mike & Mike” the Patriots already have 5 TE on the roster…Tim Tebow is a QB.

Tebow’s been a QB most of his football life, what makes anyone think he can just move over to another position?

He’s just going to have to learn to throw the ball or be another NCAA QB who couldn’t adapt to the NFL.

JFKY on June 12, 2013 at 3:57 PM

How can I mask my anti christian bigotry while commenting about football?

tom daschle concerned on June 12, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Great stuff! I know he’ll drive the staff of the Boston Globe nuts, as well as the newscasters on their local cable at WCVB and WHDH.

Stoic Patriot on June 12, 2013 at 4:46 PM

JFKY on June 12, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Unlike the feckless Jets organization, Belichick runs a well oiled machine and is not investing time, money and personnel on a publicity stunt.

I completely agree – Tebow’s throwing mechanics have to be rebuilt from the ground up. He has joined probably the only NFL team that can make that happen for him.

Belichick played this hand very well. He bided his time and let Tebow face the prospect of being out of football.

I still think the idea of QB’s who run the football on a regular basis is one of the dumbest trends to get constantly recycled by the NFL. Belichick has never given any sense he buys into it.

Belichick is aguably one of the smartest, toughest head coaches in the history of the NFL. He may have spent a week figuring out how to use Tebow in the backfield as an alternative to the “always able to run QB” approach which makes defensive teams have to readjust their strategy of playing the run or the pass.

Plus, I miss the days when defensive players used to shudder at the idea of tackling Larry Czonka coming out of the backfield.

;->

PolAgnostic on June 12, 2013 at 5:21 PM

On the other hand, Tebow will be making passes at tight ends and wide receivers, so the IRS might figure he’s some kind of “gay” activist. That would insure against an audit.

whatcat on June 12, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I hope that Jay Leno keeps up with the good jokes and I hope that Tebow makes it big with Patriots.

SC.Charlie on June 12, 2013 at 6:41 PM