Green Room

Hot Air Steamers join Troopathon 2013!

posted at 1:01 pm on June 12, 2013 by

When Move America Forward asked me whether I’d like to lead a team in its annual Troopathon fundraiser to send care packages to our men and women on the front lines, I replied, “Of course! Someone has to come in last!”  I feel somewhat like the head coach for the Washington Generals — if he had to face off against three different squads of the Harlem Globetrotters.  These folks tend to kick my rear end in fundraising, just like our military kicks butt on the ground.

Still, it’s not the competition that matters (says every Washington Generals head coach), but getting as many care packages as possible to our men and women fighting for us.  Here are a few of the folks participating in this year’s effort:

Want to join my team? Head over to the Steamers site and sign up, embed the link or form into your blog, and let’s raise some cash! Anyone joining the Steamers will get linked in each update I post here in the Green Room. If you want to donate instead, well, I’m going to make that even easier:

We’ve got 45 days to buy and send as many care packages as we can — so let’s get started today! If I have to finish last again, I want it to be the greatest last-place finish ever

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Very cool Ed!
I’ll be at the Nixon Library for Troopathon with some mutual friends of ours. I’ts been a couple of years, looking forward to returning.
Last time I went was the last time I saw Andrew Brietbart, who was in rare form I might add. Great memories, great cause, and a ton of fun!

JusDreamin on June 12, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Why would I join your team? I mean, come on-you’re old and live in Minnesota!
*wink*
Seriously…I’m on it! LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on June 12, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Uh, Ed? A “steamer” isn’t really a compliment in these parts. Let’s just say I’d rather be a Hot Gasser than a steamer.

John the Libertarian on June 12, 2013 at 1:13 PM

John the Libertarian on June 12, 2013 at 1:13 PM

That was my thought.

Hot Air Gasser sounds nuch better.

Maybe they need Perry’s permission for that.

cozmo on June 12, 2013 at 1:19 PM

“Steamers”? As in a pot of cooked crabs? You got crabs, Ed? O.o

I’ll try to dig some coins out of the cushions. (Things are tight right now.)

GWB on June 12, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Do I have to be on facebook to be a supporter?

pannw on June 12, 2013 at 1:29 PM

We’ve given a $100 donation towards the Ed Morrissey Team. Come on people I challenge you to match my gift.

simkeith on June 12, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Do I have to be on facebook to be a supporter?

pannw on June 12, 2013 at 1:29 PM

No. I don’t use facebook and signed up using good old fashioned email. Look at the small font print on the page.

simkeith on June 12, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Hot Air Steamers eh?

Dude. Seriously.

HotAirian on June 12, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Kudos for a real apology; not everyone offers that under these kinds of circumstances. Ed Morrissey

Hate (not really, not at all) to change the subject here, but ed, is Chris Hayes (one of the nastiest, most dishonest leftists out there) one of your good friends also?

peacenprosperity on June 12, 2013 at 10:55 PM