Hot Air Steamers join Troopathon 2013!
posted at 1:01 pm on June 12, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
When Move America Forward asked me whether I’d like to lead a team in its annual Troopathon fundraiser to send care packages to our men and women on the front lines, I replied, “Of course! Someone has to come in last!” I feel somewhat like the head coach for the Washington Generals — if he had to face off against three different squads of the Harlem Globetrotters. These folks tend to kick my rear end in fundraising, just like our military kicks butt on the ground.
Still, it’s not the competition that matters (says every Washington Generals head coach), but getting as many care packages as possible to our men and women fighting for us. Here are a few of the folks participating in this year’s effort:
Want to join my team? Head over to the Steamers site and sign up, embed the link or form into your blog, and let’s raise some cash! Anyone joining the Steamers will get linked in each update I post here in the Green Room. If you want to donate instead, well, I’m going to make that even easier:
We’ve got 45 days to buy and send as many care packages as we can — so let’s get started today! If I have to finish last again, I want it to be the greatest last-place finish ever …
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation