Green Room

Wear fun socks for Bush 41′s 89th birthday

posted at 6:18 pm on June 11, 2013 by

It is nearly impossible for any partisan to argue with the awesomeness of George H.W. Bush’s socks.

So, for the former president’s 89th birthday Wednesday, the George H.W.. Bush Presidential Library is running a socks-themed social media campaign.

Wear your socks, take a pic, tweet or Facebook, and some of them will be shared with the H-Dubs. I think I shall participate. I have a bison-festooned pair of socks I bought at Yellowstone National Park last week I think he’ll appreciate.

Post to the George Bush Facebook page: www.facebook.com/georgebush41
Tweet to the George Bush Foundation twitter account: twitter.com/GB41Foundation – Hash tag #41s89th
Email bushfoundation@georgebushfoundation.org

Bush tells his granddaughter on “Today, ” “I’m a sock man.”

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Here’s a slideshow of some of 41′s favorite festive hosiery.

Happy Birthday, sir.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I love GHWB. Reminds me so much of the super reserved, thoughtful, and nuanced elitist conservatives of my upbringing in Massachusetts. It’s like seeing one of my grandparents’ friends from Cape Cod. Makes me think of home.

vegconservative on June 11, 2013 at 6:53 PM

His obsession with socks reminds me of my father’s obsession with bow ties. Very reserved, with a colorful accessory as their only creative outlet. I don’t own any socks, otherwise I’d gladly celebrate HW’s birthday tomorrow.

vegconservative on June 11, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Now THAT’S why I voted for the man twice! I love my collection of festive fun socks, and I’ll break out my birthday balloon/confetti ones for the occassion.

Laura in Maryland on June 11, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Laura in Maryland on June 11, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I only voted for him once-Hey, I was 22 when I voted for Perot-but I had the honor of meeting him in ’88. Class act.
I’m gonna buy some weird socks tomorrow just to wear for him.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 11, 2013 at 8:11 PM

what an utter idiot i was to vote for the man. shoulda him by the shoes he wore.

renalin on June 11, 2013 at 8:48 PM

renalin on June 11, 2013 at 8:48 PM

He was/is a good man-and far better than what we have now.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 11, 2013 at 8:59 PM

“Read my lips, no stupid socks”

He was a liar.

Panther on June 11, 2013 at 9:52 PM

vegconservative on June 11, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Ah, the kind that lose elections. Yes, Democrats like the nuanced elitist “conservatives” of New England extraction, too. :-)

Punchenko on June 11, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Oh MKH, you knew that the comments were gonna turn anti-Bush fast. People can’t even enjoy the sock thing without getting other undies in a bind.

thebrokenrattle on June 11, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Punchenko on June 11, 2013 at 9:57 PM

For the record, we’re the only kind of Republican that can win locally. Its only nationally where we choke.

vegconservative on June 12, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Too bad my mom isn’t still with us…that woman had some socks. :)

Bob's Kid on June 12, 2013 at 10:36 AM