Wear fun socks for Bush 41′s 89th birthday
posted at 6:18 pm on June 11, 2013 by Mary Katharine Ham
It is nearly impossible for any partisan to argue with the awesomeness of George H.W. Bush’s socks.
So, for the former president’s 89th birthday Wednesday, the George H.W.. Bush Presidential Library is running a socks-themed social media campaign.
Wear your socks, take a pic, tweet or Facebook, and some of them will be shared with the H-Dubs. I think I shall participate. I have a bison-festooned pair of socks I bought at Yellowstone National Park last week I think he’ll appreciate.
Post to the George Bush Facebook page: www.facebook.com/georgebush41
Tweet to the George Bush Foundation twitter account: twitter.com/GB41Foundation – Hash tag #41s89th
Bush tells his granddaughter on “Today, ” “I’m a sock man.”
Here’s a slideshow of some of 41′s favorite festive hosiery.
Happy Birthday, sir.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation