“Band of Brothers” reunites for a new effort to help vets (bumped)
posted at 7:31 pm on June 4, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
How would you like to own a poster from the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers, signed by all of the leading cast members, along with producers Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks? Let’s put it another way: how would you like to help benefit returning current vets? The Poster Project, a new effort from the cast, crew, and producers twelve years after the series focusing on Easy Company’s exploits — and the remaining men whom they portrayed — will auction off a signed poster to raise money for the effort at Gallant Few.
Bidding starts Thursday at The Poster Project, timed to coincide with the 69th anniversary of D-Day:
Kudos to Michael Broderick and his friends for this effort. Be sure to bid early and often!
Update: Gallant Few assists current returning vets — and we know how much we owe them. I misunderstood Michael’s message, and have fixed the post above.
Update: Bumped to top again.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained