Green Room

Video: Are you ready to Prancersize?

posted at 12:42 pm on May 31, 2013 by

Er … no:

Is it my imagination, or is the first piece of music an instrumental for Warren Zevon’s “Werewolves of London”?  Sure sounds like it to me, and believe me, this is about as far from the mental imagery of that piece of classic rock as it gets.  It comes up again at the 4-minute mark too, if you can manage to get that far without laughing the weight off of you.

CBS reports that this is going viral, but it may not be all that effective:

Just what exactly is Prancercise? It’s a “springy, rhythmic way of moving forward, similar to a horse’s gait and ideally induced by elation,” Rohrback writes on theexercise’s official website.

Billed as an alternative to workouts at the gym, Rohrback says Prancercise aims to get people back into nature with free-spirited exercising while listening to favorite music to stay engaged. Diet is also a crucial component of Prancercise, with instructions that foods that induce cravings should be eliminated. Rohrback has also written a book on the subject, “Prancercise: The Art of Physical and Spiritual Excellence.” The Florida woman developed the activity in 1989, according to her bio. …

Prancercise burned about 4.2 calories per minute, Platkin determined, which is similar to walking slowly (about 2.5 milers per hour) while carrying something. About one more calorie per minute can be burned by the Prancercise Trot, he said, pointing out the activity has a similar expenditure as walking briskly while carrying something, like weights. The Prancercise Gallop burned the most — 5.86 calories per minute — and is similar to dancing.

Compared to other exercises, Prancercise burns more calories than yoga (2.92 calories per minute), he said, and given the equestrian connection with the exercise, Platkin also compared it to horseback riding and found comparable calorie burning (4.687 calories per minute).

Brisk race walking, however, can burn more calories than Prancercise, about 7.6 per minute, Platkin said.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I don’t know what park she’s in but damn, there’s a muggin’ that needs doin’!!!

E9RET on May 31, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Second look at letting the Muslims take over?

rbj on May 31, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I saw this yesterday and all I could think about was Edith Prickley (Andrea Martin) from SCTV. This is the real life version.

Marcus on May 31, 2013 at 1:49 PM

No it’s not your imagination Ed, the muzak is Zevon’s Werewolves of London. She should also reconsider her clothing options, with those tight pants she could call her “exercise” program “Camel-Toe-Ercize.”

Seriously, I’m not sure what looks more ridiculous, her prancing or her camel-toe!

Liberty or Death on May 31, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I hate to be crude, but it’s too glaring that I can’t imagine it has gone unnoticed. This lady’s got some major camel toe action going on.

kclibby on May 31, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I lost it at 2:30.

tommer74 on May 31, 2013 at 2:05 PM

That is not a toe, it is the whole foot!

ricnrolle on May 31, 2013 at 2:19 PM

How did she time travel from 1985?

RadClown on May 31, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Ah, Florida…you just keep taking them in from anywhere, don’t you?

Here’s how it really should be done.

James on May 31, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Yes, it does sound like Werewolves. And this is amazing!!1!11!

vcferlita on May 31, 2013 at 2:37 PM

I would imagine that this is exactly the way Chris Hayes runs, sans ankle weights. And believe me it is a horrible thing to imagine.

NOMOBO on May 31, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Unfortunately the clip cuts off right before the orderlies from the mental institution showed up with the strait jacket.

cat-scratch on May 31, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I know where she stole her idea from.

OxyCon on May 31, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Oh, I thought of Phoebe from Friends…

Fallon on May 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I lost it at 2:30.

tommer74 on May 31, 2013 at 2:05 PM

You lasted WAY longer than I did.

CurtZHP on May 31, 2013 at 3:02 PM

cat-scratch on May 31, 2013 at 2:53 PM

That is not a toe, it is the whole foot!

ricnrolle on May 31, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Ha, too true on both counts!

Liberty or Death on May 31, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Oh my aching sides…..must stop laughin…losin consciounsasnaknsknaslkncancaN’LKNKLNAN.X.n>n<dxKV

/face-plant-on-desk

powerpickle on May 31, 2013 at 4:30 PM

It’s a “springy, rhythmic way of moving forward, similar to a horse’s gait and ideally induced by elation”

Sounds like half the gay dudes I know on their way to the club…

JetBoy on May 31, 2013 at 5:11 PM

s it my imagination, or is the first piece of music an instrumental for Warren Zevon’s “Werewolves of London”? Sure sounds like it to me, and believe me, this is about as far from the mental imagery of that piece of classic rock as it gets. It comes up again at the 4-minute mark too, if you can manage to get that far without laughing the weight off of you.

I heard it from Burge’s posting on FB, and that was my immediate reaction. Warren Zevon is vomiting right now. Had she chosen “Carmelita” to prance around to, I would have shot myself.

Erich66 on May 31, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Dear Lord, please don’t let our enemies see this. Not after the 5-yr-old cap gun incident. We have gone past the point of no return. Amen.

SailorMark on May 31, 2013 at 5:56 PM

SailorMark on May 31, 2013 at 5:56 PM

If this catches on, North Korea may fire when ready.

CurtZHP on May 31, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Werewolves of London is just a white boys version of the hook of Sweet Home Alabama. Stop it. This whole vid should be called Sweet ‘Toe Alabama. I’m lovin’ it.

smellthecoffee on May 31, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Will there be other exercises, likewise named after one of Santa’s reindeer?

Bigfoot on May 31, 2013 at 7:33 PM

One family got had the same idea, and used the original song.

Bigfoot on May 31, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I’ll never be able to un-see that camel-toe prancing.

She must not have any family, because there’s no way they could have seen that and told her it was a good idea.

Or her family hates her and said, “go for it!”.

ButterflyDragon on May 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Hey she jus takin Michelle Ohamas advice……LETS MOVE!!

PappyD61 on May 31, 2013 at 10:36 PM

John Edwards could make a comeback with this. It would really show his hair.

virgo on June 1, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Reminds me of that youtube video of the guy dancing on the treadmill. I forget the link. But its a guy at a gym doing spins and funky dance steps while moving forward on a treadmill.

If I understand the science, it doesn’t really matter what you do when you exercise so long as you do something. Just doing ANYTHING tends to be 90 percent of the point.

Karmashock on June 1, 2013 at 3:25 AM

uhm….. eeeewwww..

I made it to 1.29 before I had to shut it off or have my testicles retract,…. You couldn’t make me do that at gunpoint, I’d rather take a round.. at least my basic humanity and alpha male status would survive..

I can just see president Mommy Jeans joining this craze, it fits in with the whole beta male thing..

Look, I used to have “my” tree in the back yard, where when something was so outrageous, I couldn’t stand it, I’d go out to it, and punch the bark off of it.. the resounding “thwack-ack-ack” made a nice reverberation against my father in law’s house next door..

He looked out the window once.. and just quietly slide it back closed.. shaking his head.

so…
me??

prance like an effete moron?

not even if you shot me in both feet.
praner-whatever-in-the-Hell

mark81150 on June 1, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Yeah, “prancersize” just sounds like “exercise by prancing around,” and this video is every bit as ridiculous as that idea sounds. I can just see somebody trying this in a park and then trying to explain himself to the first bunch of people catching him doing it.

Aitch748 on June 1, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Is the bad wig extra?

Cindy Munford on June 1, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Prancercise? Really?

That gives me an idea….., I’m thinking of starting an exercise company for men called “Washercize”, modeled on this theme.

Takin’ it off ovah here, boss.

BobMbx on June 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM

This should be a HUGE hit in the gay community. Richard Simmons is kicking himself for not thinking of it first.

JamesA on June 1, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Nice camel toe.

lorien1973 on June 1, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Top Pick

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

Top Pick

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.